PDA

View Full Version : ASCII & Unicode

TheWriter
11-15-2005, 07:31 PM
I am trying to get ascii and unicode to work in photoshop. I was thinking if i can get these characters to work through the text tool I could save myself a lot of work. So far i've hit a brick wall, they just fail to work. I even tried to copy my unicode characters from a web-browser into the system buffer, then try to paste into the text tool, again this doesn't work.

Any ideas?

berniebernie
11-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Hi there, what kind of unicode character are you trying to place ? Carriage return and all that ?

Integrity
11-16-2005, 12:26 AM
Not sure if you've tried this yet, but whenever I need to use a character that isn't on the keyboard, (if I don't remember the key code for it) I'll use Character Map's copy feature...always works. This is for Windows though, not sure for Mac if that's what you using.

TheWriter
11-16-2005, 03:36 PM
I just want to duplicate the 4 symbols which represent the suits in a deck of cards. I'm not too sure about this Character Map util?

Integrity
11-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Character Map. Or type in "charmap" in the Run command. This is for XP, it might be somewhere else in other versions. Just select what font your using, and scroll down to find your symbol. Double-click it or press the Select button when you find it, and it should be in the clipboard. Then you can just go into Photoshop and paste it in.

CGTalk Moderation
11-16-2005, 10:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.