PDA

View Full Version : How about a Hand?

MysticDread
11-19-2002, 07:07 PM
I just finished this using strickly photoshop.
No photo reference.. Just my hand.
Any and all critiques will be highly and super warmly appreciated :)

Thanks!

jocke.3dm
11-19-2002, 07:22 PM
I am totally amazed! I guess you could do some OK textures! ;)
The space between the fingers is a little too big maybe. But what do I know, there's probably someone out there looking like that too. Great work!

igor popovic
11-20-2002, 12:34 AM
looks like you cant use a hammer properly and you banged your index and middle fingers a few times!:p the tips of these fingers seem a bit 'blown up', otherwise not bad

MysticDread
11-20-2002, 01:00 AM
Ah yes indeed Igor.. Looking at my hand and comparing I can see that the tips are a bit blown up in the image. Thanks for that crit! It's unbelievable how I stared at my hand for so many hours and the general shape of that mask area is defferent. :p

Thanks again for the comments!
-helping one another become better artists. :)

stephen2002
11-20-2002, 01:16 AM
the thumb is twisted, and yes, the fingertips are a little squashed. The veins seem a little bit exagerated, too much contrast between them and the skin.

otherwise, good job

mebamonster
11-20-2002, 01:43 AM
Awesome stuff here! I agree with the fingertips being a bit too large and the thumb twisting a little strangely. But your colors and details are very appealing. as always, I love your work and look forward to seeing more!:)

bored alien
11-20-2002, 02:38 AM
Except for the fingertips, that looks EXACTLY like my hand, right down to the veins which are just those colors. Very strange. Anyway, I happen to like my hand, so good job. ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.