PDA

View Full Version : Save Config question.

dOMINUSMess
11-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Hi,
In the docs it says that the configuratin file is updated every time when messiah exits, and that you can do it yourself.
But, after computer restart, messiah always opens with default settings: so the changes I had made were not saved, wether I just exited messiah or wether I had explicitly saved the config.
Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Also: is there a "visual" way to verify if messiah has been updated to version 2.2 ?
I have downloaded that upgrade .exe file and have run it, but I'm not sure that went OK.

Thanks...

SpikeWorx
11-15-2005, 04:42 PM
EDIT: Also: is there a "visual" way to verify if messiah has been updated to version 2.2 ?
I have downloaded that upgrade .exe file and have run it, but I'm not sure that went OK.

Thanks...
Yes. Click on the Messiah logo (the eyes) at the right upper corner.

dOMINUSMess
11-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey thanks SpikeWorx! That sure is one hidden place :) .
I do have version 2.2b but no luck with the config file though.

lightwolf
11-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Hey thanks SpikeWorx! That sure is one hidden place :) .
I do have version 2.2b but no luck with the config file though.
The config file gets stored in your temp directory be default. You might want to check your docs, it describes how you can change the directory (just do a quick search for config or so).
Cheers,
Mike

dOMINUSMess
11-16-2005, 10:49 AM
Thanks lightwolf.

I've figured it out and now I'm able to save the configs.
I've also described what to do in the Beginner Tips Thread so others also have the info.

lightwolf
11-16-2005, 10:51 AM
I've also described what to do in the Beginner Tips Thread so others also have the info.
Cool... I never thought of that... Then again, I enjoy reading manuals as well :banghead: :eek:
Cheers,
Mike

CGTalk Moderation
11-16-2005, 10:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.