PDA

View Full Version : VFXTalk.com for sale

Oxide
11-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Like the title says..... VFXTalk.com is for sale.
LINK (http://www.vfxtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4498)

Milho
11-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Such a pity VFXTalk was such a great place for Compositors and VFX-Artists.

How about merge it into the cgnetworks? I can image that vfxtalk has a quite more compositing focused userbase and it might not be bad to lighten up the cgtalk.com board with some extra areas.

Wouldn't it be nice to have an shared general area for cg news, techniques, the galleries and the subtopics about 2D, 3D, Compositing etc. seperated in several boards...

Well just a thought, i mean i love cgtalk the way it is but sometimes scrolling 5 Screens to reach the bottom makes it fuzzy to find the right topic..

mummey
11-15-2005, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't mind if vfxtalk merged into CGSociety. I don't know how many others would feel that way though.

Dennik
11-15-2005, 02:36 PM
I've never been on that site, since VFX was never my field, but the guys that run it are from Sydney right? Maybe a deal could be made between them and Ballistic.

mummey
11-15-2005, 02:43 PM
One problem with the idea: Compositors are more likely to come from a video editing background than a cg art background. It is a different crowd.

boomji
11-15-2005, 04:21 PM
One problem with the idea: Compositors are more likely to come from a video editing background than a cg art background. It is a different crowd.

what goes around comes around ;)

most of us are on every board which has a comping forum anyway.

cgtalk or vfxblog would be apt contenders...unless of course autodesk is listening :P

paul has done a great job with that site.

b

Paul Moran
11-16-2005, 05:17 AM
VFXTalk going to CGNetworks would be ideal - :D

Maybe I should talk to Leonard ...

Thanks for all your support over the years guys!!

arvid
11-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Paul - sad news, but I hope something good comes out of it. I'm sure a lot of VFXTalk users are allready on cgnetworks, it's just a matter of making it official, I suppose.

It's hard to have non-profit commitments while at the same time balancing ones "other" career, I know how that goes :D

Again, I truly hope something good comes out of this after all. :buttrock:

Milho
11-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Wish you (or should I say us members) luck with the conversation with leo!

Keep us updated with news about it, that's really bugging me all day I refresh this thread every hour :blush:

Ross Forster
11-23-2005, 03:28 PM
The atmosphere at VFXTalk these past 3 years has been both polite and professional with not a single bad word having been spoken about anybody. My fear is that any merger would spoil that and make it like any other forum on this network complete with all the nobbers it tends to attract.

You have my support Paul. (I have long since been persuing other career prospects)

Ed Caracappa
11-23-2005, 04:36 PM
Would someone from VFXTalk please contact me?

512-225-6313 office
512-217-0461 cell

ed@boxxtech.com email

Ed

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2005, 04:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.