PDA

View Full Version : Angel

lauranonce
11-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi everybody,
it's a long time since I posted last time... I've a new image to show you for a feedback.
It's completely made in photoshop CS with a wacom tablet, without any kind of photografic reference (anatomically she's not perfect and it's clearly visible).
The hand an the background aren't finished.. I'm waiting for your C&C that are always welcome.
Thanks for your attention,
Laura

http://laura.animage.it/images/PS/angel/angel16.jpg

Squibbit
11-15-2005, 10:32 PM
I like the feathers cause they looks so soft and fuzzy :D

Some observations, may or may not be right:

The head might be a tad too small
There could be a very little bit of neck showing under the jaw
The shading on the shoulder looks a bit off..er .. or maybe it's wher
the arm meets theshoulderblade that doesn't seem ok

The butt area looks wrong, argh, needs time to describe , but
i gotta go to sleep, sorry, maybe someone else will help :)

winterhart
11-16-2005, 02:51 AM
I love the feathers too, and the painterly feel in the body.
The face feels a little flat however, perhaps a little overworked. Maybe try turning the face more away from us so it's less of a straight on profile and more dynamic.
Keep up the good work! :)
B.

yulias
11-16-2005, 03:19 AM
hey, this is a great start. very nice colours, i love how her green eyes stand out against her tanned skin. the pink background really brings her out too.

the anatomy needs some work, and you should work with a photo reference, unless you have a nude study that you can work from. painting the human back is especially difficult, its much more complex then it looks, and making it look realistic is very hard.

some of the things i noticed:

the head - the head is not attatched to the body, even if she had an unusually long neck. when you look at a person in this position, the head is often close to the shoulder or level, unless their head is tilted up. in your image, i think the head needs to be lower then the shoulder. the ear seems to be a bit too high on the head, and the eye needs to be more oval where the pupil/iris are.

the wings - where the wings attatch to the back, there is very little shadowing. I think you should make the wings become darker the close they are to her body. the further wing is too close to the wing that is closer to the viewer, you might want to put a little bit of space in between them. also, where the wing is attached to the shoulder, the hair doesnt part, it just keeps going. the hair should drape over and around the wings. and if you intend to give the viewer a sense that she flys on these wings, remember that to fly, the wings have to be at least double her height. you dont have to change this though, its up to you.

the back - the back is a bit strained here. a bit too curved. back muscles also have mass. her butt is out too far to our left, and a bit too big. the shadowing on the back is very subtle, part of the reason you might want to get a reference for this. with such a straight back, we should see part of her breast, especially since her arms are so close to her side.

the arm - the arm curves very close to the body, and it looks a little strange, you also might want to add the other arm, but its up to you.

pick out where your light source is coming from, its a bit confusing in this picture. when you paint, make sure you periodicly flip the image. and references are extreemly important.

anyways, great job on the feathers, and keep at it!

-yulia

paranormal
11-16-2005, 07:36 AM
hi,

first i would say good work man!
the wings its too flat for me, try to put more shadows on it.
sorry, dont like the pink background.
that all. great job.

lauranonce
11-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Thanks to all for your comments (hi Squibb!), I was waiting them (and I was expecting them in this way)... :P
I'll have many trouble in adjusting all the anatomical mistakes without blasting her (sigh)
The pink background should become a cyan/light blue colour...
The feather.. my beloved feather :)... I'll add more shadows on them for showing the bend.

I've to work hard, I know :)

Squibbit
11-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Thanks to all for your comments (hi Squibb!), I was waiting them (and I was expecting them in this way)... :P
I'll have many trouble in adjusting all the anatomical mistakes without blasting her (sigh)
The pink background should become a cyan/light blue colour...
The feather.. my beloved feather :)... I'll add more shadows on them for showing the bend.

I've to work hard, I know :)

Hi Laura :)

Don't be shy with the changes as you will always have saved what you got this far.
Just work on a new layer and erase what you don't like.. only thing you could 'blast'
that way is waste some time, but even then you might learn something new.
You could add a layer for each anatomical change and turn the layers invisible and
back while you're working to see what difference they make and how they work
with eachother.

face up , u got a nice start there an if u get too deep in the trouble, do not
hesitate to find that reference photo or two to get it all right.
Maybe next time then you will remember how it goes and you don't need the reference.

:thumbsup:

MichaelZHsee
11-16-2005, 10:18 AM
hie there~i think most of the comments have been pointed out,like most of them had mentioned,a reference photo would alot of help:)i just think u have elongated her body alil too much though.her wings are good!all and all,keep it going.:scream:

lauranonce
11-16-2005, 10:40 PM
I've changed something here and there... added some volume to wings...
http://www.laura.animage.it/images/PS/angel/angel20.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
11-16-2005, 10:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.