PDA

View Full Version : .psd to .cdr converter?

Werner
11-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know of a tool to convert Photoshop .psd files to Corel .cdr files?
I don't own Corel and it would be silly to buy it just to do one convertion.

thanks
Werner

leigh
11-15-2005, 10:16 AM
Surely exporting as EPS from Photoshop should work?

Werner
11-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Surely exporting as EPS from Photoshop should work?

Thanks, I will give it a go.

prixatw
11-15-2005, 03:56 PM
I use CorelDraw extensively.
It will read almost any format.

I did some experiments with PS7 files into CorelDraw 11... it turns each photoshop layer into a bitmap object and imports them into a single coreldraw layer but keeps them in correct stacking order.

So with a straight import, your probably going to lose any vector objects and layer effects (unless you flatten layers).

What is the conversion for?

XLNT-3d
11-15-2005, 07:45 PM
If you are going to do it only once, you could always download the 30 day trial and do it yourself. This way you can check it too. I've done that in the past.

Werner
11-16-2005, 07:55 AM
thanks for the replies.

a friend asked me to convert a business card done in Photoshop to the .cdr format because the printing company works with Corel. There will be no changes on the card, so I'm sure the eps format will work ok.

thanks again.

Tlock
12-08-2005, 09:26 PM
The printing company wants the file in CDR? I can't imagine they wouldn't prefer it in PDF format over any other. But the CDR request is rather interesting, maybe Corel has some features that must be interesting to printers.

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2005, 09:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.