PDA

View Full Version : C4 won't recognize z depth....

vinnydakid
11-15-2005, 04:43 AM
Hi guys!

I'm having a problem getting Combustion 4 to recognize any z-depth channels in my renderings. Here's what's going on....
I have an animtion (100 frames) that I rendered out of 3DS Max 7.5. I'm rendering to a RPF squence and in the dialogue box that pops up I checked the "Z" button and 16 bit.

When I import into C4 I try to add a 3d Depth of Field Operator but it reads no z-depth info. I applied a "Show G-Buffer" operator and it shows a black screen ... as if there were no z-depth channel. I've rerendered the seuquence a number of times, even going as far as the check EVERY box in the RPF dialogue window (i.e. Z, Material Effects, Objects, UV Coordinates ...), but still no luck getting C4 to recognize any depth info. There are moving gears and cogs in the BG receding away from camera, so I can't just paint my own "G-Buffer" map.

Any ideas??

neogeo51
11-15-2005, 07:56 AM
There is a near and far value in the render settings - usually 100 to 1000. If your scene is very large these values must be tweaked, otherwise you get a black image.
In the Render Elements check open Elements and check the Zdepth in Max Framebuffer.
Hope that helps.

vinnydakid
11-17-2005, 12:18 AM
Hi there! Thank you so much for the reply! I forgot to mention that I was rendering with Vray 1.45. I looked for a near and far option in the Vray rendere but couldn't find it. Does anyone know how to set this up in Vray??

dprgb
11-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Check out the Vray forums on chaos's website, there's more help there with z-depth images from Vray.

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2005, 02:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.