PDA

View Full Version : looking for resources on map design, thumbnail sketches, approaces etc etc

green3dhut
11-15-2005, 04:26 AM
Hey all,

I'm learning the Unreal Ed right now and I want to start designing levels. Can someone reccomend resources on concept art for map design and level design. Looking at finished maps is fine but I want to see thumbnail sketches and storyboarding approaches as I am trained as an illustrator and I want to sketch and draw and paint my ideas before I just start modeling. Thanks for the links and replies.

Marsfyre
11-15-2005, 06:44 AM
I'm curious as to what exactly you're asking for? If I'm correct in assuming that you aren't sure how to go about drawing concept art for a level, I would reccomend wasting as little time as possible with it. If you're going to be building the level yourself, just do some quick doodles that have all the information you need to build off of whenever you get ideas. If you're having trouble visualising the final look of your level then maybe do one fairly detailed and finished piece that you can look at and attempt to match. I would also reccomend doing at least one very simple top down drawing of your levels layout and figuring out a nice color pallettete use while building. If you have any questions on the specifcs of unreal, feel free to send me a PM or just ask for more help on the forum :D

CGTalk Moderation
11-15-2005, 06:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.