PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitor Weirdness

soulburn3d
11-15-2005, 03:43 AM
So I'm using a dual monitor setup, monitor 1 is a regular monitor, monitor 2 is my cintiq. I place painter on the second monitor and everything seems fine, however, when I go to adjust the opacity or size of a brush, the little slider that lets me adjust it shows up on my first monitor. Any idea why it's doing that? I have no pen access on that monitor, so it's really annoying to have to switch to the mouse to adjust the opacity of a brush (and doubly annoying because opacity up and down has no keyboard shortcuts, just the number keys that set it to a specific number.)

- Neil

Philippec
11-15-2005, 02:02 PM
So I'm using a dual monitor setup, monitor 1 is a regular monitor, monitor 2 is my cintiq. I place painter on the second monitor and everything seems fine, however, when I go to adjust the opacity or size of a brush, the little slider that lets me adjust it shows up on my first monitor.

Are you on Windows, and are you using Painter 9.1? This should not happen. I have a dual-monitor PC (not a Cintiq, though :hmm: ) and a triple-monitor Mac :thumbsup: and the sliders show up properly.

Philippe

soulburn3d
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Ah, thanks, I wasn't aware there was a 9.1 update available, I was running 9.0b or something like that. Installed the new version and now things work right.

- Neil

CGTalk Moderation
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.