PDA

View Full Version : mental ray flickering/artifacts with animted camera

bearklaw
11-14-2005, 09:11 PM
When using Final Gather, I'm getting this strange pattern occuring on some surfaces that are not complex. it's similar to the moire pattern you might find on a screen mesh. These however, occur on hard edges surfaces and in texture maps. Visualize an intricate crown molding around a ceiling. As the camera moves, the edges of it tend to "swim" until the camera is directly perpindicular to the surface(looking straight at the object). This also happens on a texture map i have of a marble counter top. Until the camera booms up a bit, the texture appears to "crawl". if anyone has any idea what all this, help!
notes:
1) I've increased/decreased my min/max radius for the rays, I'm using 800 FG rays, and I've increased the min/max samples for anti aliasing. nothing seems to fix it...

FrizzleFry0
11-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Do you have a series of iff renders you could send me? Or perhaps your scene file? I think I know what you're talking about, but not completely sure.

thurazor@gmail.com

bearklaw
11-15-2005, 02:10 PM
lemme see if i can get something for ya...ill email ya when i can! Thanks a ton...

CGTalk Moderation
11-15-2005, 02:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.