PDA

View Full Version : thin-thick-thin-brush stroke, how?

yolao
11-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi.

Since i don`t have yet a WACOM tablet to work in PS i have to change the settings in the brushes menu to simulate a little brush presure....i know how to set a brush stroke from thick to thin...but i don`t know how to set a brush stroke from thin at the begining, thick in the middle, and finaly thin again in the end...Is it possible to set that kind of brush settings?...and if is possible, please tell me how?

thanks in advance
Cheers

The Drew
11-15-2005, 05:11 PM
You've got me stumped, unless you use gradiants one way or another.

You could go into Quickmask mode, draw in that with your brush, then use the resulting mask to cover a layer filled with a gradiant. This would be time consuming, and will probably not bring about the desired results. Just try that, maybe that will send your mind wandering into different territories.

Still, your best bet is to get some sort of pressure-sensitive tool to work in PS if you want to do this sort of thing with any consistency.

Drew

yolao
11-15-2005, 08:13 PM
thanks Drew, a wacom tablet is in my list of must buy.

imann08
11-16-2005, 05:19 PM
I know this isn't a PS solution but you could do it in AI as a blend and transfer it into PS when you are done. This is just an attempt to come up with a solution without a Wacom.

archerion
11-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Ya the only way to get that effect would be a pen /tablet combo, the pressure sensitivty is the big thing, you cannot get with a mouse, There is no setting, because you can just push harder with the mouse. If money is an Issue i know Wacom has one for 99 bucks i think its called Saphire (i personally own) its 3x4 and it works really well. Ill be getting a 6x9 soon but for a first tablet to learn with it really good.

little5points
11-21-2005, 03:13 AM
Hi.

Since i don`t have yet a WACOM tablet to work in PS i have to change the settings in the brushes menu to simulate a little brush presure....i know how to set a brush stroke from thick to thin...but i don`t know how to set a brush stroke from thin at the begining, thick in the middle, and finaly thin again in the end...Is it possible to set that kind of brush settings?...and if is possible, please tell me how?

thanks in advance
Cheers

Are you adding a stroke to a path or drawing it with the mouse?

meheekano
11-23-2005, 12:20 AM
dude if you dont have the money to shell out for a wacom, get like a aiptek tablet way cheaper, plus i think its a huger bang for your buck!

although i heard some of these other "lower" brands have been having trouble with the version CS2 for photoshop.

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2005, 12:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.