PDA

View Full Version : Maya-HDRI and a Sky...

DrewShelton
11-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Hey all you CG people, I'm in the need of some help. I have recently been making an
environment scene using Maya 7.0. I understand Image Based Lighting, using HDRI. One
problem that I'm having is that when adding another sphere, a 'Sky dome', everything renders
black.

I was told earlier to uncheck 'Primary Visibility' on the HDRI, and it should work. It didn't. I not
only did that, but messed around with a dozen or more different render settings, both on
the HDRI and 'skydome', rendered, and never got the results I wanted. I simply want the 'sky
dome' visible, but not (or barely) reflecting on my environment, where the reflections mostly
come from the HDRI.

It would be great for a step-by-step process to get this to work. My instructor is currently
stumped too.

Thanks for all of you help, I really appreciate any feedback!

~ | ) R U C I F E R

Scott Harris
11-14-2005, 03:08 PM
you must connect the HDIR image to the ambiant color of the shader

Icarus
11-14-2005, 03:20 PM
maya forum?

DrewShelton
11-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Maya Forum... Nice.... Must have a lot of time on your hands to make others feel stupid...

Any how, I'm wondering how to use 2 speheres. HDRI for lighting, and a sky for background.

Try it. It's sorta confusing....

Drew

day_j
11-17-2005, 04:29 PM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=261678

jbo
11-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Maya Forum... Nice.... Must have a lot of time on your hands to make others feel stupid...

sorry pal, but you're out of line. you ignored the sticky at the top of this forum. you failed to read the instructions before posting. if everyone posted wherever they felt like, cgtalk would be UNUSABLE. not only that, but if you listen to Tyrinid's advice and post in the correct forum, you will almost certainly get more/better help.

mike0006
11-21-2005, 01:33 AM
I agree, ditto!

Icarus
11-21-2005, 04:01 AM

Any how, I'm wondering how to use 2 speheres. HDRI for lighting, and a sky for background.

Try it. It's sorta confusing....

Drew

pointless..

Ranc0r
11-21-2005, 05:08 AM
"you will almost certainly get more/better help"

im very tired so excuse me if i think this is funny....

If you remove the " / " sign from that comment it says

"you will almost certainly get more better help"

teeheee.

ok carry on the flames kiddies.

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2005, 05:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.