PDA

View Full Version : Titan Black

EighthDecay
02-26-2002, 11:24 PM
here is a little more of an update,,, still tweeking the lights,,

http://www.eighthdecaydump.f2s.com/images/cars/Titan-black-layout-2.jpg

NOTE- 3dstudio MAX

Adding dark shadows in locations,,, place a lightsource near that location,, adjust it so that the diffuse value is at -1 (not 1) this will create shadows,, mess with the color of the light in ranges or white too grey and notice that it will get softer.

you can place these lights at the bottom area of a tire and it will make a more shadowes area under them,, helping ground the car,, you can place the light inside the tire and turn off the shadows

Flynn
02-26-2002, 11:33 PM
looks great man...I would like to see the body of the car in a midtone instead of the black so I can see the model better.

EighthDecay
02-26-2002, 11:42 PM
previous rendering,, I was just testing black out on it,, Still trying too learn about lighting,,, it still needs sometweeking but I'm learning.

http://www.eighthdecaydump.f2s.com/images/cars/TITAN-X2-LAYOUT.jpg

Flynn
02-26-2002, 11:47 PM
very nice!

I dont think there is anything wrong with the lighting in top render...its just the nature of using black...I just wanted to see the modeling and I'm glad I did...A+

EighthDecay
02-27-2002, 05:54 AM
I was just messing with black,,, I was looking at some sites on Automoblie photography,, such as what they do too get that nice pretty look. Well it seems that I have been on the right track with most of it,,, they were mentioning something about black cars,, reflect better than others,,, Ive noticed also that most of the images that look the best seem too be the black ones,, So I'm just messing around with these Ideas,,, plus I saw a Firbird with a red triangle stripe on the black hood,, thought it looked cool,, so had too give it a go,,, plus I ran into info on that -1 on the light source,, so I also had too give that a go,, never new that little guy went below zero,, hmmmm the simple things that you miss out on... what to do next,, I just downloaded the New VRAY,, time too play with it,,,, So thats my BIO on this image...

Have a good one,, and thanks,,, =D

ToddD
02-27-2002, 09:23 AM
Always like to see the progress on this car, how about a couple of them (different colors) in the same render, reflecting each other. Maybe a front 3/4 and a rear 3/4 view for composition! Excellent work, keep posting! :D

EighthDecay
03-01-2002, 11:26 AM
I came home early from work on the 26th,, The Pregnate Wife called me saying that her PLUG came out,, so we ran too the hospital,, only after a short time we were told too go back home,,, then that night she woke up with back labor pains,, as she was moaning in the bathroom,, I jumped outa my bed,, whats up I said,,, she told me,, I was still very sleepy at 1 in the morning,,, I was thinking I wanta go back too bed,, maybe its nothing she said,,, as she walked outa the bathroom she stoped in her tacks and said OWWWww,,, I hoped up and told her sister that we were going too the hospital,, and she can call them too tell we are on our way,,, and by 9:55 we had our baby,,, and that was so amazing too help her and see this happen,,, I counted for her too push as she pulled my arms and then after an hour of the pushing we had the little dude,, great stuff,, I even cut the cord and everything didn't seem too bother me much,, just wanted my wife too be OK,, and she was excellent at this dilivery,,, she made it seem easy,, and after this was all over she was up and walking around like nothing happend,, no ripping or cutting,,, ahhh mannn that was some cool shitt too see... he is crying right now,, and I need some sleep,,,,, ahhhh I really love sleep,,, I can't ever remember feeling this tired... ahhhhh Poop,, this guy has loads of it.. hehehehe.. later Buds

Stat's

7lbs 9.8oz
19.5 inches
with big hands
and long toes,,,
he's gonna be tall like is Daddy

So maybe the 3D stuuff will be on hold,, untill I have the energy and concentration too do so.

seems that allot of traffic and large downloads may have shutdown my linking site,,, argggg,,, figures I made some tutorials that were big PDF's that show how I model step by step for these Nurbs models,,, But I'm probaby going too have too search for another free site that will let me upload large 3 to 4 meg PDF files,,

Thanks for checking it out,,, I still plan too animate this car racing down the street,,, I only wonder where I'll find the time.. =D

Later guys

y@

Eternal_E
03-01-2002, 12:01 PM
Big congratulations to you and your wife! I just went through the same thing 6 months ago.. its really amazing!! good luck with your baby.. ohh and were eagerly waiting for the 3d model of him =)

FrageNSTEIN
03-01-2002, 03:06 PM
Very glad to hear the news! You must be a very happy man right now, and rightly so!

D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.