PDA

View Full Version : Selfportrait WIP

Ivars
02-26-2002, 11:16 PM
This is supposed to be me, but I wont give you anything to compare it to because then you would see how wrong it is. Anyway, its made in photshop from scratch (with my crappy mouse) and hopefully Ill feel like finishing it some day.

Wadda ya think...

Pedro
02-27-2002, 02:27 AM
It looks semi-realistic but a bit strange.

The coloring looks good to me, very stylish, but the proportions of the face seem wrong. I mean, the ear looks a bit too big (of course, they are unfinished), and the nose particularly looks "off".

I think the main problem is how you drew your right side, it seems as if you drew it too "wide" for the direction of the face you use. It
gives the half of the face a "deformed" look, almost as if it were two different faces. Check for example the eyebrows. It may be because of the shading on the nose, but the one on the right side looks too "long" compared to the one on the left side.

The finished parts of the hair look good. Now that I think about it, I'm not too convinced about the yellowish "patches" in the forehead.

Anyway, too bad that you're abandoning it, I think if you kept at it, you'd come up with a much better picture !

Ivars
02-27-2002, 03:34 PM
I always tend to get that bent look on my faces. As for the ear, its too big, youre right.
Im not really abandoning it, just leaving it for a while in favor of other things.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.