PDA

View Full Version : Stationary clone tool - how ?

XYZRGB
11-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Would someone clue me in as to how to keep the clone tool stationary ?
Example : When you select an area to clone and then move the mouse to the left or right, it follows right behind you and clones what is next to your cursur. ( As it should )
What I want to do is fill an area with a repeat of a small selected area.

Easy question.
Sorry if it has been asked a thousand times before.

Thanks !

halo
11-13-2005, 02:55 PM
turn off align on the tool option

XYZRGB
11-14-2005, 08:40 PM
turn off align on the tool option

Thanks ..but I must be doing something wrong .

( Most likely )

I tried turning off the align option several times with no noticeable effect.

Come to think of it PS propably needs to be resarted to put this into effect doesn't it ??

Here is another example of what I need to do : Let's say I type a word - "CGTalk" and then use the clone tool to clone the "C" in CGTalk .

It does this yes ... but as I move to the right, it then begins to clone the "GTalk" ..and what I'd like to do is have a " C " cloned right beside another "C", so that if I wanted to, I could create a long string of "C" s.

I'll try to do a restart and see if this fixes the problem. Is so, thanks for the help and nevermind my stupidity.

Thanks !

halo
11-15-2005, 12:08 AM
no a restart shouldnt be required...

you may need to use a large brush...turning off align stops the target sample moving with the destination of the clone...if you use a large brush that captures the whole of the C in your example then you should be able to replicate it all over the image with align off.

mofo101
11-15-2005, 07:31 AM
actualy turning off align isnt going to get you there by its self, for each "C" as it were, you would have to click for it to work... you could try experimenting with pattern clone stamp. that may still not get you the result you are looking for, but give it a try, and let me know how it goes.

Kelly

The Drew
11-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Yep, that would probably be your best bet.

In your example, Type your text (you don't have to rasterize it), the marquee, highlight, select, or whatever the parts you want to duplicate (the 'C' in your case). Then go to edit>define pattern... , and give it a name.

Now, click your Pattern Stamp Tool, select your new pattern (I name it 'da C') and start clicking. You can change the options (especially the Aligned checkbox) to your likings.

Hope this gets you on your way!

Drew

XYZRGB
11-17-2005, 06:28 AM
( Thanks everyone !):)

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2005, 06:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.