11-13-2005, 05:25 AM
Dear folks, and yolks,

waking with the rising sun I wish to spawn a process, and remember,
not our victories nor losses.

but our mysteries and accomplishments.

I would humbly permit to submit the following render for your perusal,
(with magnifying glass or hand-tool)

on the pixular level,

to admire the modelling and conceptual skills of Bryan Howard, who shall forfgive me parhaps for spilling the beans.

these are the beens:

the folks at Ryan's production company umm.. dyd I say Ryan? I meant Bryan. well he'll render a dopplegamgee for you as if he were loeneard nemoy err. vincent price.

so I would care to ask:

Dear Bryan,

do you commit yourself to the sanctuary of bats on lonely evenings?

and as well, did the sun ever shine through your room, so grey?

warmest regards and best wishes! berasted fishes.

your madman in full larceny and gramatically apocryphal,

Alexander (little pixel) to the little folk.

There kids, I rendered that pixel at coordinate (483, 443) do you like the look of it?

with the help of Bryan's Room! GI for Bryan's gloom.

with a crying loom. I weave hay into gold. good grief, a right cinderealla.

Thank yoU!

FrizzleFry0
11-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Wow. I don't know what to think of this post. I'm very confused as to who Bryan is, is he really Ryan, and how did his room end up in a poem of a post? Anyway, aside from the completely grayscale lighting, I think the shadow quality should be improved. Maybe try increasing your min/max samples or lowering the contrast threshold.

HowardB
11-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Hey looking good ALEX! Keep it up!!!

Hey FrizzleFry0 the room is a test scene with textures that Iíve released to the public for lighting/rendering testing. But due to popular demand my serverís bandwidth limit has been maxed out for this month! For more info look to HERE (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=292286)and HERE (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=2816475#post2816475)

FrizzleFry0
11-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Ah cool stuff dude. :thumbsup:

littlepixel
11-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Thanks FrizzleFry,

I think you're right about the contrast ratio, I'm gonna try it out forthwith... I've attached a render of the same scene but with more photons.. the first one was 1 million, this is two million.. sometimes you just gotta pump up the volume so to speak.

Anyway, you must understand this is my first seriously clear attempt at GI, it is to Bryan's credit for making such a brilliant model. I'd love to see how you work with it Frizzle.. I think it's gonna make Bryan famous, and I wish him the best of luck!

-Alex

FrizzleFry0
11-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Sure thing. I'm doing some lighting tests right now actually. I can show you some finished work later tonight.

littlepixel
11-14-2005, 03:07 AM
Allright frizzlefry..

let's see how you fizzle and fry.

I have attached a link to my portfolio of images (in quicktime format) of the lighting of the room TO THAT POINT..

save for some adjustments to the render times.. ranging from under two minutes up to just shy of an hour.

If she holds, I hope you will download it here:

http://www.artsy.ca/room_out.mpg

thank you. (please sccrub it frame by frame).

thank you in advance again.

warmest regards

ALex Kessaris.

FrizzleFry0
11-16-2005, 11:15 AM
What codec are you using Alex? I can't get the video to play properly.

Here's a still shot of something I'm currently working. It's nothing fancy, but I just wanted to establish a somewhat decent light setup before I get into texturing and fixing geometry.

http://www.awesomeface.com/images/light_test2.jpg

Are you dividing up your lights and photons into seperate passes? Try increasing your min and max samples in your render globals from 0 and 2 to 2 and 4. It looks like the light angle blur on raytrace shadows isn't quite accurate enough yet. You don't really need 2 and 4 samples for the GI and FG, so if you have just the light on a seperate layer it would make it a little quicker for render times. It's looking good so far though! :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-16-2005, 11:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.