PDA

View Full Version : Maya render showing nonexistent polys?

Artician
11-13-2005, 02:43 AM
The issue seems to have solved itself when I tweaked geo on a completely seperate part of the model. Strange. If anyone knows what that was all about, I still appreciate your reply, and maybe future generations will be warned of the potential catastrophe, or whatever it was.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hi, I'm working with a model in Maya 6.0 and I'm getting a strange effect when rendering this model with Final Gather. The problem is that the object renders in the Render View window displaying polygons that don't exist. They're distorted or corrupt polys that stretch around the model where there shouldn't be any geo at all. When rendered with the Maya Software renderer the model looks normal again.
I've looked at my normals and the looked closely at the areas these polys seem to be originating from, but there are no strange anomalies on the model itself that appear to cause it.
I can post example images if need be. Has anyone else seen this before? I need to render this with final gather so it's quite frustrating that the issue only rears its head when I use it. Thanks in advance for anyone who may have a solution; I've looked everywhere! :(

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2005, 02:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.