PDA

View Full Version : my second human head

Flynn
02-26-2002, 10:10 PM
hey I posted this in another thread but I think it was the wrong one...

anyway I still need to work on the ear and clothes...but jsut wanted to post as I go I guess.....please be gentle hehe

http://www.morethanless.com/morethanless/sedrick.jpg

Flynn
02-26-2002, 10:11 PM
damn didnt want it that big oh well

Gilgamesh
02-26-2002, 10:20 PM
It looks pretty nice. The texture on the forehead and lips look awesome, but there are some weird things happening around the nose. Unless you give this guy big hairy sideburns, I think you are going to have to attach that ear. It actually looks like it could use a little work in and of itself. Ears are hard. I'd say the whole thing looks pretty good.

Flynn
02-26-2002, 10:24 PM
yeah the ear I just couldnt seem to get so I moved on...now I have to go back and stich it in with the rest...I finally found some good ear tutorials so hopefully it will go smoother the second time around.

anyway thx for the feedback I appreciate it.

Flynn
02-27-2002, 11:31 AM
sorry to bump...but I really need some more input....this will be for my animation reel so I want it to be as good as my skill will allow. any help at all would be great.

thx

Flynn
02-27-2002, 11:47 AM
I posted another in better lighting to see the model.
http://www.morethanless.com/morethanless/headz.jpg

Flynn
02-28-2002, 10:39 PM
my last attempt for feedback.....

rsalonen
02-28-2002, 11:15 PM
It looks good, but maybe the ear is a little to long, I'm not sure, atleast my ears are smaller than that :)
Otherwise, it looks good, but do put allot of work when you texture the whole thing, because a good texture is often what makes the character, but you probably already knew that :)

Oh well, keep up the good work

Flynn
02-28-2002, 11:30 PM
hey thanks for the reply....now that I look at it I can totally see that the ear is to long....I am going to fix them now.

as far as texuring goes I have been using deep paint 3d...is there a better 3d paint tool for max? (not that deep paint is bad just wondering)

thx again

rsalonen
02-28-2002, 11:34 PM
I do not know how deep paint 3d is, but I think it's good. I use Maya and it does already have a built in Painter (which I have allot to learn about :) ).

Flynn
02-28-2002, 11:37 PM
yeah I wish Discreet would get on the ball and include a 3d paint tool in Max.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.