PDA

View Full Version : New Open Season Trailer: Everyone Can Look At!

pencilpusher
11-12-2005, 10:18 PM
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/openseason/index.html

Click the link and go to the official Open Season website. The new trailer is located there.

Shaderhacker
11-12-2005, 11:42 PM
We already have a thread opened on that.

-M

j alan hawkins
11-12-2005, 11:55 PM
I think Jamaal posted the link because it plays easily through the official Open Season website, rather than going though the 'turbo nick' website.

People outside the US should be able to view this now too, as opposed to the 'nick' one which only worked in the US.... am i right? ... anybody? does it play?

Kaszub
11-13-2005, 12:41 AM
Wow! Thanks for the link :) Now I can stay home - only thing I couldn't get outside US is here at last :) No need to move to States! ;)
This one looks good to me - much better than that Zombie Express 2: Monster House (sorry guys but despite good character design and nice house animation all polar zombie creepiness is still there...). From those two SPI movies at least Open Season is definitely on my personal animation's "must watch" list :)

pencilpusher
11-13-2005, 06:06 AM
exactly why I posted Alan...."dorothy"

DaJuice
11-13-2005, 06:26 AM
The trailer ran pretty choppy for me and it's pretty small to boot, but wow! Looks amazing from what I can see.

Kudos

swardson
11-13-2005, 07:37 AM
nice, looks pretty good. Ill probably see this one in the theaters...

-Brad

Bentagon
11-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Wow! Thanks for the link :) Now I can stay home - only thing I couldn't get outside US is here at last :) No need to move to States! ;)
This one looks good to me - much better than that Zombie Express 2: Monster House (sorry guys but despite good character design and nice house animation all polar zombie creepiness is still there...). From those two SPI movies at least Open Season is definitely on my personal animation's "must watch" list :)Monster House and Open Season aren't developed by the same company... The first is by Sony Pictures Imageworks, the second by Sony Pictures Animation.

Really like the looks of this! I love the acting on "you're funny", where he touches the nose. And the rabbits on the window were funny as hell :p

- Benjamin

Kaszub
11-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Monster House and Open Season aren't developed by the same company... The first is by Sony Pictures Imageworks, the second by Sony Pictures Animation.

Thanx for clarification :) I didn't differentiate between those two much - as I remember The Chubbchubbs short was done in SPI and its feature version will be probably done by SPA so I thought SPA was more like division detached from SPI for feature animation purpose.

thematt
11-13-2005, 10:33 AM
seems like Sony will also have a piece of the big Pie..this one look terrific..way to go.
My wallet is gonna feel empty after seing all those nice feature from sony, Disney, dreamworks Pixar and Dna..pfff..but do I have a choice..hehe

cheers

j alan hawkins
11-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Monster House and Open Season aren't developed by the same company... The first is by Sony Pictures Imageworks, the second by Sony Pictures Animation.

- Benjamin

Actaully thats not correct.

Sony Pictures Animation is more like a client. They handle all of the story, directing, pre-vis, storybording, etc.. Imageworks is then hired to make it, just like with any other project.

In fact we all work together , somtimes in the same cubicles. So an animator on Open Season might move on to work on Monter House or Ghost Rider, Surf's up, or Spideman 3.

theres alot of different opportunities here~

:)

seven6ty
11-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Yeahhh, I was gonna say. Shiettt, if they're both in the same building, it counts as the same company for me.

CGTalk Moderation
11-14-2005, 12:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.