PDA

View Full Version : Sony suspend making of anti-piracy cd's...

eek
11-12-2005, 08:53 AM
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20051112/D8DQJN3G2.html

eek

jud
11-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Power to the people:buttrock:

pgp_protector
11-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Now are they going to recall / replace the CDs they sold ?

Nazirull
11-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Now are they going to recall / replace the CDs they sold ?

Neah...the technology is still under research. Long way to go, i think, before they finally going to implement it and its, i think, is going to involve new releases.

The article says that hackers will take advantage of the tech and use it to make their sofwares invisible....thats why they are holding back the use.

The way i see it....some hot shot hackers already found out how....thanks to Sony!

Lone Deranger
11-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Quote from article "Sony BMG Music Entertainment, promised Friday to temporarily suspend making music CDs with antipiracy technology"

Temporarily??? That's not much of a promise now is it? :rolleyes: This is just $ony PR damage limitation.

pgp_protector
11-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Neah...the technology is still under research. Long way to go, i think, before they finally going to implement it and its, i think, is going to involve new releases.

The article says that hackers will take advantage of the tech and use it to make their sofwares invisible....thats why they are holding back the use.

The way i see it....some hot shot hackers already found out how....thanks to Sony!

Ummm it's already been implimited. they were busted after people found out they WERE using it in commercal products, the only thing "holding back there use" is the public backlash they were getting

eek
11-12-2005, 05:46 PM
gotta love roothacks. It not only hides in the system bios, it tell your machine it doesnt exist!

eek

CGTalk Moderation
11-12-2005, 05:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.