PDA

View Full Version : 9.5 Lighting wackiness

Stain777
11-12-2005, 01:24 AM
I'm trying to create some splash lights using the new area lights, but they don't seem to be working as advertised. I've tried different shapes (rectangle, cylinder, line, cube, etc.) different intensity (100-1000%), fall-off/no fall-off, fall-off angle 0-180, blah, blah.

The two included images show the light in a niche only effecting the end section, and one example of the settings in the details area.

End result is no light "splashing" against the walls next to it. What have I missed?

Per-Anders
11-12-2005, 02:39 AM
try using inverse square falloff, and raising your samples. it is lighting up currently, but the issue is that it's lighting up the whole area, yo uwant it to be tighter focused, a linear falloff wont be enough.

Stain777
11-12-2005, 03:53 PM
try using inverse square falloff, and raising your samples. it is lighting up currently, but the issue is that it's lighting up the whole area, yo uwant it to be tighter focused, a linear falloff wont be enough.

Thanks mdme_sadie I'll give that a try.

CGTalk Moderation
11-12-2005, 03:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.