PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Error Message :(

annisahmad
11-12-2005, 12:54 AM
my photoshop has stopped working. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling it, restarting my computer, cleaning my registry, and leaving it alone for a day to see if it would just fall together. But it hasn't...

When Photoshop loads, it gets past Initializing tools and then gives me a message, "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable." and then right below it, it has Quit. I press Quit and that's the end of the story.

Did anyone ever have that problem? I've been searching the help files to no avail.

berniebernie
11-12-2005, 01:23 AM
Good god, never heard that one before ! Not that I might be able to help you, but what version of photoshop do you have ?

tb582
11-12-2005, 02:05 AM
have you recently upgraded ps, or the os? when is the last time you defraged? how long has this been happening

Hexebah
11-12-2005, 02:10 AM
Have you tried deleting Photoshop's preferences? Have you installed any new hardware (Ram, vid cards, etc) recently? What about new software or fonts? What version of Photoshop are you using? Give us a list of your machine specs, and recent activity and we can start to get a better picture of what might have happened. :)

Chip

annisahmad
11-12-2005, 12:53 PM
I haven't defragged my computer, or installed any new hardware.
My system's specs:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Service Pack 2
It's a Sony Vaio Laptop
Penitum 4 CPU 3.2 GHz
448 MB of Ram
And I've got the new ATI Radon card.

All of this has not been changed/replaced since I boguht the laptop. THen, Photoshop worked fine. However, it is giving me problems now.

As for the software... I downloaded a trial version of both After Effects and Premiere. I was working in After Effects where it crashed and Photoshop stopped working also. After Effects still works, but Photoshop does not...

annisahmad
11-12-2005, 01:04 PM
hmm....
this is quite weird!
i uninstalled adobe after effects, and photoshop now works without me having to uninstall/reinstall photoshop and clean the registry....

tb582
11-12-2005, 04:30 PM
The first thing I would do is get some defrag software, yes you could use the windows defrag and get by, but there are much better. I use Executive Software's Diskeeper 9, I believe they are now Diskeeper Corporation. (http://www.diskeeper.com/defrag.asp (http://www.diskeeper.com/defrag.asp)). That will tell you exactly how fragmented you hdd is. I would start there.

If that doesn't work then It could be a font problem, possibly when you installed AE or Premiere it installed some fonts and some got corrupted.... but start with the defrag first.

jbw
11-12-2005, 04:44 PM
I've had this problem before and deleting the preferences sorted it.

ta,
jbw

hyperSasquatch
01-13-2006, 10:41 PM
man im getting this happening to me too...

my problems a lil different though..heres the symptoms

photoshop cs opens fine
when i open a file most tools work but brush and erasor dont.. as soon as i click i get that error pic you posted . its really buggy kuz it would only do it sometimes and to image files i made through maya or afftereffects... i tried making a new pic in photoshop and then the brush and erasor worked..

but now for some reason its not working for any picture file i try..

ive already tried reinstalling and restarting many times..
any thoughts on fixes ?...

hyperSasquatch
03-07-2006, 10:01 PM
reseting prefs isnt wroking either

man this is crazy... this is happening to me on another machine now at work

nobody's had this problem b4 ??

pllzz help ppplllzzz

Whipyo
03-08-2006, 02:44 AM
If you have tried reinstalling photoshop, deleting prefs and everything else mentioned above with no joy, it sounds like an operating system or hardware issue.

The next thing I would do is reinstall your os.

annisahmad
04-15-2006, 05:09 PM
hey guys
i have 3 computers. all are pretty good; 2 are sony vaio laptops that are bout a year or so old, and an HP desktop which is a few months old. THe problem has occurred on every computer now, rendering me photoshopless. I suppose Mac's are the answer instead of wasting hopeful money on windows.
i've tried reinstalling my OS, resetting preferences, deleting fonts, and all that. no results.

i can tell you this much; after effects is somehow the cause of photoshop's problems. but the weird thing is that photoshop doesn't stop working immediately after you install after effects, but perhaps a week after. after that, the only solution comes down to reformatting your hard drive/reinstalling your OS, and that's quite a pain in the arse, and a huge hassle if you have to do it every darn weekend.

BlueFlare
04-15-2006, 09:07 PM
How does Adobe react when you tell them about this problem that you have been struggling with for over months? What is their solution?

CGTalk Moderation
04-15-2006, 09:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.