PDA

View Full Version : Help! Texture Render Problem

yrd4snd
11-11-2005, 06:57 PM
WHY DOSEN'T THE HAIR TEXTURE COME THROUGH? I am new to maya, i've got the basics down for modeling, renering has me stumped. i modeled a poly plane and added the hair texture on it, but when i render it it won't come throught,the more i mess with it i end up loosing my default color on everything. i am using maya 4.0(will up grade later). i have found some tutorials, but none for a true beginer, when it comes to the render portion i am a complete idiot, forgive me. any help would be help would be greatly apreaciated. thanks will

yann22
11-11-2005, 11:48 PM
it would be helpful if you could you post a screenshot of your Hypershade, cheers

yrd4snd
11-12-2005, 09:43 AM
here it is (i Think) please keep in mind i am very new to this portion of the program. thank you for you responce. will

yann22
11-14-2005, 02:42 PM
hi, sorry, have not been on my comp over the w/end:

it looks fine to me - a file node going into the color input of a blinn, right?

a few things to try/check:

- when you mouse over the arrow going from the file node to the blinn, do you get "outColor" on the left and "color" on the right side of the arrow?

- what file format are you using, maybe Maya 4 has problems with it?

- the hair is a seperate object, right? select the hair in the viewport and click on the "graph materials on selected objects" button (the blue and green one): does the hair material show up in the work-area?

- try assigning a new Blinn to the hair:

- delete the shading network you saw in the step above,
- create a new "blinn" material and assign it to the hair by dragging it with the middle-mouse button pressed from the Hypershade onto the hair-geometry in the viewport (you'll see a plus sign),
- select the hair geometry in the viewport,
- press ctrl+a to get the attribute editor,
- click on the panel named "blinn",
- click on the checker button next to the color entry,
- choose "file" in the panel popping up and make sure the "normal" radio button is checked,
- click the folder icon next to "image name" in the attribute editor and browse for the file with the hair texture

- reset your render globals

that's all I can think of at the mo, but it certainly could be due to other factors...

hope that helps

cheers

butCherHeLL
11-14-2005, 04:46 PM
what is renderer ? maya native renderer ?
and what is texture file format ?
and what is the texture filter you choosed ?
sure that filter is supporting by your renderer ?

hm...

yann22
11-14-2005, 07:03 PM
well, since he's using Maya 4.0, I guess it's not Mental Ray :)

yrd4snd
11-14-2005, 09:18 PM
what is renderer ? maya native renderer ?
and what is texture file format ?
and what is the texture filter you choosed ?
sure that filter is supporting by your renderer ?

hm...

i havent added anything to my version of maya 4.0Early Access. By the sounds of it i need to BUY somthing new, plus a renderer.
i will stay with maya as my base program, have heard good reviews about mental ray, i will probubly try that.

as for my texture format it is JPG

texture filter? lambert i think, i am a new-be doing what i can within my limited budget,

everything comes through in the modeling window, its when i goto ">winow>render editors>hardware render buffer" that is where everything dosent come through. it come through as one color. if i stick with basic colors everthing is fine, but todays graphics call for more, texture shape plus color.

thanks for your responce

will

yann22
11-14-2005, 09:44 PM
try:

window > rendering editors > render view :)

yrd4snd
11-14-2005, 11:14 PM
here it is still the same

yrd4snd
11-14-2005, 11:22 PM
face started as nubs sphere converted to poly;
eyes nubes shpere texured then converted to polys;
hair poly plane with textures 5 planes combine then mirrored
eyes come through, skin come through, but hair dose not
should i make a nubs plane,then convert it too?

yrd4snd
11-22-2005, 07:42 AM
was poking around in hypershader, checking options, and saw that my texture file i was using was in a different directory,, moved it to the image file, reapplied it to the new combind-shape of the hair and BOOM there it was, hair texture in the render window! thanks for your help in trouble shooting this.

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2005, 07:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.