PDA

View Full Version : prop evilness from hell

hsi
11-11-2005, 03:35 PM
did a couple of experimental silent hill-style props. all normalmapped / w speculars (spec not finished, since itīll get coloured and stuff. now theyīre just all black/white).

trying to get a very stylized, exaggerated look. maybe ill sometime fill up the entire shelf :D

http://stellan.be/dump/2.jpg

http://stellan.be/dump/3.jpg

itīs just a maya hardware render. one white light and one softer blue one coming from behind. hope you like.

Lee3dee
11-11-2005, 03:42 PM
the dripping paint cans are caught my eye instantly! Awesome work! Can you post some wires, so we can see the shaded view without normal mapping. :D

Bloodsbane
11-11-2005, 03:49 PM
It'll be very interesting to see where you take this my friend!

Overall you could probably tone down the dirtyness a bit.. a bit livelier wood colour where stuff has been standing a long time etc. - the really run down parts will pop much more with some freshness to contrast with.

hsi
11-11-2005, 03:53 PM
the dripping paint cans are caught my eye instantly! Awesome work! Can you post some wires, so we can see the shaded view without normal mapping. :D

sure thing! here we go:

http://stellan.be/dump/4.jpg

AdamAtomic
11-11-2005, 04:40 PM
HOT! I love them dude, great work! No crits, except possibly texture size, I'm not sure. Seems very high detail for something that might just be in the background. It is freakin beautiful regardless though! Awesome job!

hsi
11-11-2005, 04:47 PM
HOT! I love them dude, great work! No crits, except possibly texture size, I'm not sure. Seems very high detail for something that might just be in the background. It is freakin beautiful regardless though! Awesome job!

yes, this is true. the box and paint-can for example are both @ 1024 now :D

i just wanted to model something super-simple so that i could go straight into photoshop and practise texturing :)

TheRedemption
11-11-2005, 04:58 PM
wow looking awesome dude.

Por@szek
12-15-2005, 12:06 PM
This props looks cool. U made awesome work on the textures.

I think it will be more impressive if U will make some scene with the,m, some cellar, or sewers, maybe some old house - renovating house.

Anyway I really dig it. Cool work:thumbsup:

SHEPEIRO
12-15-2005, 12:19 PM
nice stuff, would be cool to see the cans and stuff with their textures halved, as they are higher res than the shelf, and probably wouldnt loose much, good texture work

fsguodong
12-15-2005, 12:22 PM
:scream: I learn something from you.........good job..

BakerCo
12-15-2005, 08:10 PM
DUDE!! that is sweet I love the detail could we see the texture?

retardedmonkey
12-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Its so funny seeing such a nice m0del, and then seeing such simple wires :thumbsup: Great job man!

box01
12-15-2005, 11:02 PM
wow, lots to learn :eek:

RCabrales
12-16-2005, 03:31 PM
very cool work

my main crit is that you don't seem to have uniform resolution over your models.... for example the box seems to have very crisp resolution on the side, but the top face is blurry.... same with the paint can lids.....

also the grime has a very similar grainy texture over the box, cans and shelves.... it makes it harder to visually separate the individual objects.... maybe try to give them more variation....

mayanoob
12-17-2005, 02:14 PM
yer vey simple yet hugely effective. How big was texture size? its looks to be too big considering these will be background objects could i see a scaled down texture sheet?

Thanks love that dripping and dripped paint. very stylised

I could only see them been used in a video scene for a game, unless that room had freqeunt use and payed close attention to them shelves, just my opinion

Love it anyway :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
12-17-2005, 02:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.