PDA

View Full Version : Script: Short Film - Office Game

faultline
11-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster :)

OFFICE GAME : Short animated comedy

"Jack, an alienated office worker comes to realise his co-workers have invented a game - to kill him via a series blackly humourous pranks... He confides in his only friend, a pet goldfish"

Office Game Script (http://eammon.endysis.org/stuff/OfficeGame.pdf)

Based on a story by Grammy award winning artist Stanley Donwood (Radiohead Artist)

I'd love to hear any honest feedback, good or bad. Possibly looking to add it to the collaboration section here, if the interest is there. I understand its possibly not to everyones tastes.

serge animation
11-13-2005, 01:29 AM
Interesting concept. Assuming this is done in 3d, the script calls for a LOT of special effects, and environments. Looks like a lot of work. But the ending seems kind of offbeat from the rest of the story. Maybe tie his coworkers in someway at the end. I'm not sure.:shrug: Good luck!

faultline
11-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Certainly Serge, there is a lot of content creation needed for the environments, but i think with some well thought out set design and cam-angles a lot can be achieved cheaply. The ending was always a sticking point- the original story ends abrutly - Drafts 1-5 had the co-workers revisiting at the end.. always seemed bleak and a bit too nasty.. vs the fish/jack analogy thats running through it - what happens to jack next? or something :) Thanks for the comments Serge!

faultline
11-20-2005, 10:52 AM
anyone else read the script yet? :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-20-2005, 10:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.