PDA

View Full Version : Submit a script to all pc's on a network ( backburner? )

Martin Andersen
11-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Hi, Here is the situation:

If I have a script or a plugin, is it possible to send the script or the plugin to backburner and then the backburner will distribute the script/plug to all the PC's in a network ?

I'm a scripter myself, but I can't find any info on this subject!

The reason I think it is possible, is that you can do a Max point release upgrade over the network... ex. if you have 10 computers and you want all of them updated from max 7.0 to 7.5... then you can do it with the backburner!

Anyone know about how to submit these scripts/plugs/files to a backburner ?

Aearon
11-11-2005, 12:33 PM
I have set up a system here where there's just one startup file on everyone's workstation which copies various scripts and also macros from a network location and executes them, maybe something like this could work for you.

before copying i always delete all the scripts from the local startup subfolder i copy the scripts to, and also all macros starting with "SoulPix_", so there's no garbage left should a script be removed from the server

if you have some experience with scripting something like this should be fairly straight forward to setup.

if you have a few days time maybe i could hook you up with a stripped down version

Aearon
11-13-2005, 02:45 PM
check this out:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=293684

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2005, 02:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.