PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Messiah

heroinchicmodel
11-11-2005, 06:06 AM
I'm trying out the demo of this program and there are a few things that annoy the HELL out of me. I'm aware that this program can outrig any other software, but I find certain flaws to be so extreme, it may not be worth the effort to sink my teeth in this program if certain flaws can't be fixed.

For one, I don't have a numeric pad (I use a laptop), so I tried assigning "delete current item" to another key, but it never works for that specific command. Any other command I reassign keys, like "Delete Key" to the "O" key, works.

Is it just me, or is the perspective camera navigation/ moving parts around waay too slow(compared to Max/Maya/XSI). I mean, I'll move my mouse three inches before I rotate an arm barely 20 degrees. And alt-right mouse navigating is extremely sluggish. Is there any way to speed these things up? I have 1.3 gigs of RAM, so I think my tech specs are okay, (unless the program was designed to be more of a video card hog). What I'm trying to get at is that XSI runs like a charm on my machine, and it has similar machine requirements as messiah, so why can't messiah this be just as fast?

Another quirk that gets me is that sometimes Ctrl-Z doesnt work to undo when I rotate bones, but right-click undoing works. What's up with that?

Thanks for listening to this rant, and hopefully I'll get some answers.

dOMINUSMess
11-11-2005, 10:23 AM
1) Numeric pad: it should be possible to configure a laptop so You can use a virtual numeric pad.
I know I can on mine, but have never used it.

2) Speed issues: can't help you there: I've just bought messiah after one day of playing with the demo, and it works FAST on my desktop and I just love it despite some MINOR things that I'm sure will be addressed in the future.

3) CTRL-Z works just fine for me.
Have you set the undo levels? Probably this is'nt it, because the level is defaulted at 20 I guess.

4) Maybe you should ask PMG directly about those issues, as I think they are more hardware related than software related.

Hope this helps a little...

DMack
11-11-2005, 11:10 AM
There are definitely 'speed' issues with navigation. They are NOT related to Open GL performance or deformation updates etc, which are all VERY good. It is the correlation between how far you have to move your pointer and how much the navigation moves/rotates. This is an issue which has been raised on many occassions and I think quite a few people are hoping the next release will addres this. In general, I have found navigation to be cumbersome in messiah compared to, say, Lightwave.

dOMINUSMess - Seriously - try navigating in lessiah and then other apps. I think you'll find it MUCH faster in other apps.

heroinchicmodel - Stick with it. Messiah does have a few irritating issues....that will hopefully be addressed in the next update BUT beneath these issues is a VERY good application!

dOMINUSMess
11-11-2005, 11:34 AM
DMack wrote: dOMINUSMess - Seriously - try navigating in lessiah and then other apps. I think you'll find it MUCH faster in other apps.
Well, if you mean e.g. rotating an object on the Pitch via the sliders, then I agree: you have to move the mouse a long way and the rotation is only a couple degrees.
But I prefer using the edit sphere, and then the rotation is as fast as in LW I guess.

Anyway, I've been paying around in messiah a couple of days now and I love it.
I've found nothing that "annoys the hell out of me" as heroinchicmodel describes.

maks
11-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Well, if you mean e.g. rotating an object on the Pitch via the sliders, then I agree: you have to move the mouse a long way and the rotation is only a couple degrees.

Don't forget that you can use the minisliders with the right mouse button to increase the steps, and CTRL-RMB to decrease the steps.

dOMINUSMess
11-11-2005, 02:07 PM
maks wrote: Don't forget that you can use the minisliders with the right mouse button to increase the steps, and CTRL-RMB to decrease the steps.
Hey thanks maks! Another usefull tip of many that I still have to learn!

Leebre
11-11-2005, 04:15 PM
I've always had a difficult time manipulating things in the viewport...Usually I have to click on something twice to get it to actually start responding, whether it be a slider or an armature or what have you. And yes, unresponsive rotations and translations, etc.

stooch
11-11-2005, 07:26 PM
she is like a finicky child, you have to take the good with the bad and love unconditionally :)

shadowfork
11-12-2005, 02:39 AM
Is it just me, or is the perspective camera navigation/ moving parts around waay too slow(compared to Max/Maya/XSI). I mean, I'll move my mouse three inches before I rotate an arm barely 20 degrees. And alt-right mouse navigating is extremely sluggish. Is there any way to speed these things up? I have 1.3 gigs of RAM, so I think my tech specs are okay, (unless the program was designed to be more of a video card hog). What I'm trying to get at is that XSI runs like a charm on my machine, and it has similar machine requirements as messiah, so why can't messiah this be just as fast?

Its the software.

We had the same discussion herE:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=275408

Turn down your resolution. It'll help a little bit.

-sf

Leebre
11-12-2005, 03:25 PM
I'm using an lcd so if I don't keep it at its intended resolution it looks like crap.

DMack
11-12-2005, 05:03 PM
I think if we all chip in and buy a decent res monitor for PMG, rather than the VGA one they clearly use :scream:,then they might say 'Wow, these bits of the interface look too small and wow, the navigation is slooooow'....and change it! :)

Anyone willing to chip in?

Seriously guys. They have proven in the past to listen very well to their users (like the keyframe deleting commands). I have little doubt that they will address these issues in the next update....

fwtep
11-12-2005, 09:45 PM
My views are extemely fast and I don't have to move the mouse much at all-- I have my hand planted and move the mouse with just my fingers, so that shows how little I have to move it. Try loading the Butch_01 sample scene and tell me if that moves slow in the perspective view. And just to be clear, you're talking about using the controls on the upper right of the screen, right?

Fred

shadowfork
11-13-2005, 09:06 AM
I don't mean to be rude or to start flames but...

don't you think... maybe, just maybe, some of us might have different configuration than the one pmG uses? Or maybe we dont have the same polycount as the dinosaur or the butch model?

Computers these days are like DNAs, none of them are alike. :shrug:

I'm running a 2GHz AMD Athlon with 2GB of ram and 128mb GEForce video card
-- and yet I still feel the navigation (moving in 3d space) in messiah could do better

LOL@Dmack! - maybe that's why the yellow keyframe mark looks that small! 640x480 res all the way baby! Hahahahaha j/k!

---

What I'm trying to get at is that XSI runs like a charm on my machine, and it has similar machine requirements as messiah, so why can't messiah this be just as fast?

Exactly.

Still, Messiah rocks and I love this program :love:

-sf

DMack
11-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Hi Fred,

I hope you didn't take offence to my little VGA joke.

Right! You raise an interesting point here....No I am NOT talking about the gadgets at the top right of the screen....and this does indicate to me that none of PMG are using pens (at least in their default pen mode that 99% of people use). Try using those gadgets with a pen! You move to the top right hand corner and thus immediately loose the ability to drag up or right to any sensible degree! Now you could I suppose move the gadets....to a more central place...but that would not be a pretty solution. I know very few people who do 3D all day who use navigation gadgets...they all, including myself, seem to use key qualifiers and mouse/pen drags - for a very good reason - they and I don't want to send the pointer to the top of the screen and back to the area of interest (nearly always in the centre) all day long.

This may have hit the nail on the head, I don't know as I've NEVER used the navigation gadgets in the TR corner to see their correlation - check out the navigation using key qualifiers and you'll see what people are refering to. It has NOTHING to do with open gl performance or the computers ability to calculate the new view etc, it is the correlation between input/physical distance and navigation movement/rotation. This really does need to be addressed - people are getting confsed and assuming that it is the overall open GL performance which is slowing them down..... (when looking into navigation, choosing left/right vs up/down as input would complete the ability to make all apps use the same input - great!)

Lastly, the yellow marker needs attention - I thought it might be just me....but it seems that quite a few people simply find it too small. Remember some people are possibly running MUCH higher res screens that you.

Again Fred - I hope this does not seem like grumbling for no positive reason. I am a big fan of Messiah:Animate. If I wasn't - I wouldn't spend time on this forum and certainy wouldn't bother with long posts (I do hope you read this!). As I mentioned in another post, to me , messiah animate feels like a sports car with a few scratches on it and some dirty oil - just a little TLC rather than new features and it would ROCK BEYOND BELIEF.

The fact is, that I chosen to use messiah:animate for a large pitch because the CA tools are far far far superior to LW's. I hope one day it will convert (and the signs are good) to a full production...when that is the case, I shall probably hassle you even more! :)

stooch
11-13-2005, 03:49 PM
you know, i really dont see what you guys mean by navigation being slow. Im not using any gadgets, just keyboard shortcuts and dragging my MOUSE. It moves very fast and i have absolutely no problem at using the interface as fast as any other 3d program. Granted i dont like the manipulator handles and the scheme of movement and its jerkiness (it gets super sensitive some times at some view angles) but overall i have never experienced the problem that people seem to be describing.

could it be because i dont use a wacom tablet to interact with a 3d program? also, FYI, using a wacom tablet for interfacing with a 3d program is back asswards. Sorry but ive seen alot of 3d pros and none of the good ones use a wacom to navigate a 3d software package. Only to paint or when they actually need the pressure sensitivity, otherwise, for 3d tasks a mouse user will do circles around a wacom tablet user and im willing to bet money on that.

try using a mouse. really, you wont lose out compared to a wacom. the issues of not being able to move the pointer up and to the right is known to me, its caused by improperly configuring your navigation mode (ther is pen style and mouse style. look on the top right of your tablet).

oh and my setup is a dual 22inch monitor running at the highest resolution i can put the slider to and there is absolutely no problem with seeing buttons or being able to click on stuff. (there would be if i was using a wacom - and yes i do have a wacom and do use it all the time FOR PAINTING)

Not only is it easier and faster to use a mouse then a wacom but if you spend a whole day holding on to that pen, you will cramp up your fingers or develop carpal tunnel syndrome.

maks
11-13-2005, 04:33 PM
could it be because i dont use a wacom tablet to interact with a 3d program? also, FYI, using a wacom tablet for interfacing with a 3d program is back asswards. Sorry but ive seen alot of 3d pros and none of the good ones use a wacom to navigate a 3d software package. Only to paint or when they actually need the pressure sensitivity, otherwise, for 3d tasks a mouse user will do circles around a wacom tablet user and im willing to bet money on that.

try using a mouse. really, you wont lose out compared to a wacom. the issues of not being able to move the pointer up and to the right is known to me, its caused by improperly configuring your navigation mode (ther is pen style and mouse style. look on the top right of your tablet).

oh and my setup is a dual 22inch monitor running at the highest resolution i can put the slider to and there is absolutely no problem with seeing buttons or being able to click on stuff. (there would be if i was using a wacom - and yes i do have a wacom and do use it all the time FOR PAINTING)

Not only is it easier and faster to use a mouse then a wacom but if you spend a whole day holding on to that pen, you will cramp up your fingers or develop carpal tunnel syndrome.

Errr, sorry, but I have to completely disagree here... First of all, I know a whole bunch of *good* artists that use a wacom in 3d - and I use one myself, exclusively (except for gaming). In the first place I started to use it as a mouse replacement after I broke my wrist in an accident, and since then the mouse is ineluctably causing me pains and cramps when using it over some time, which has never been the case with a pen. A pen gives the hand a much more natural movement than a mouse, at least that's what I can say from my experience. The difference with most other tablet users may be, that I use the tablet in mouse mode for everything else than 2d - and actually I navigate faster than with a real mouse this way. You just have to get used to it a bit, but it work really well. So, anyone using a tablet with messiah and having problems in pen mode may try it - to activate mouse mode for the tablet in messiah you have to go to Customize>KeyCommandManager>Commands>Interface and double-click the "Input Mouse" command - works very well here.

Just my 2 cents ;)

stooch
11-13-2005, 04:59 PM
ok, if you want to get used to it then its up to you. I didnt say that if you use a wacom you arent a good artist, all i said is all the best artists I SAW use mouse. I know plenty wacom users as well, its just the mouse users tend to get stuff done faster and in general if you watch a mouse and a wacom tablet user work, just how fast they interact, the mouse guys are flying around while wacom users tend to be a bit more deliberate. Being a long time wacom painter, i understand why a mouse is faster to use. as far as being more natural to hold a wacom, well thats BS simply because there is no such thing as natural pen, ie you werent evolved to hold a pen. More natural to me, is closer to a relaxed, open hand - it shouldnt require any kind of pressure to operate. Have you tried to operate a wacom pen with a relaxed hand?

if you are complaining of discomfort, i suggest you invest in a good chair with fully adjustable arm supports, so that you can lay your arm in a neutral, relaxed position with adequate and soft wrist support. Resting your wrist on the edge of the table and holding up your elbow is the number 1 reason why people get fatigued and feel pain. I speak from experience.

and yeah, if you must use the pen, like i said before, play with the settings. there are buttons on the top right of the intuos tablets and a bunch of screen mapping and speed adjustments in the driver, im getting the feeling that some of the problems here are with the wacom configuration, not messiah.

dOMINUSMess
11-13-2005, 05:03 PM
stooch wrote: could it be because i dont use a wacom tablet to interact with a 3d program? also, FYI, using a wacom tablet for interfacing with a 3d program is back asswards. Sorry but ive seen alot of 3d pros and none of the good ones use a wacom to navigate a 3d software package. Only to paint or when they actually need the pressure sensitivity, otherwise, for 3d tasks a mouse user will do circles around a wacom tablet user and im willing to bet money on that.

I also use a Wacom but only with mouse when doing 3D.
I have'nt experienced any "slowness" because of it.
It is important though to correctly apply the settings, but now it works like a charm for me.
I prefer a tablet (+ mouse for 3D and + pen for 2D) much more then a conventional mouse.

maks
11-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Have you tried to operate a wacom pen with a relaxed hand?

if you are complaining of discomfort, i suggest you invest in a good chair with fully adjustable arm supports, so that you can lay your arm in a neutral, relaxed position with adequate and soft wrist support. Resting your wrist on the edge of the table and holding up your elbow is the number 1 reason why people get fatigued and feel pain. I speak from experience.

Well, if my hand weren't relaxed when using a pen, then I wouldn't use one. ;) The problem that I experience since this accident, when using a mouse, is actually caused by the mouse button clicking movement, which tends to stress my finger/hand tendons and muscles. That's why I talked about movement, rather than position - while holding a mouse certainly is a relaxed position, the clicking movement isn't as relaxed and natural at all for me. With a pen I'm actually relaxed all the time, in position and movement. But hey, maybe that's just me - not to be taken personally, my intend isn't to get into any stupid argument here, just contributing from my point of view - after all everybody knows what's best for him/her I guess :) So, I'll shut up now.

AAAron
11-13-2005, 06:00 PM
I think one of my main ergonomic issues with a mouse, is the fact that most mouse force you to twist your hand to level with the table instead of the 45 degrees angle you got when you hold a pen. Im a pen guy but I have tested those 45 degrees angle ergonomic mouses and to me it makes a big difference.

If I compare navigating with a pen in Messiah to for example Silo, Messiah really lag behind in terms of responsiveness and the scale of movement which in Messiah goes from superslow to extremly fast. Using a mouse I have none of those problems in Messiah.

stooch
11-13-2005, 06:22 PM
I think one of my main ergonomic issues with a mouse, is the fact that most mouse force you to twist your hand to level with the table instead of the 45 degrees angle you got when you hold a pen. Im a pen guy but I have tested those 45 degrees angle ergonomic mouses and to me it makes a big difference.

I am in no way seeking out an arguement.

btw, check this out http://www.macworld.com/2005/03/reviews/verticalmouse2/index.php

DMack
11-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Kind of like Maks, I started using a pen when I got problems in my arms. Since using a pen, I have experienced no discomfort again. I actually can't use a mouse for long period of time without discomfort.

Stooch - I completely concur with Maks, and given that two people in this small forum have that experience to write it off is arrogant. Peoples experiences are different accept that.

You really should for the sake of this forum calm down your writing style. Things are rarely as black and white as your style suggests. Of all the forums I participate in, this one, pmg messiah on cgtalk is the most constructive and has very little in the way of provocative posts. I do hope that you are not going to change that.

shadowfork
11-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Ayayay! Caramba! Its getting hot in here. :argh:

Take it easy guys. Deep breathes. :bowdown:

OK.

I have a pen tablet, but I rarely use it for 3D work.
I use the mouse more often.

But this is not the issue with the navigation. Ok, some people say its not the openGl. Its not those gadgets in the screen either. I simply use the alt key and mouse click to move around in 3d space.

Still, I find it slow compared to other apps. Its not THAT slow but it bothers me a bit. And I'm just working on one model here. What if I start to populate the scene?

When I open the same model on other apps (Maya, XSI)... they handle it smoothly like slicing butter.

One of these days I will do a screen capture to prove my point.

Like Dmack said, we say these things because we care a lot of Messiah. We simply love it.

Dual 22' monitor on messiah? Wow. That must be fun! What graphics card are you running? Better if you could tell us your whole rig (computer specs).

stooch
11-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Kind of like Maks, I started using a pen when I got problems in my arms. Since using a pen, I have experienced no discomfort again. I actually can't use a mouse for long period of time without discomfort.

Stooch - I completely concur with Maks, and given that two people in this small forum have that experience to write it off is arrogant. Peoples experiences are different accept that.

You really should for the sake of this forum calm down your writing style. Things are rarely as black and white as your style suggests. Of all the forums I participate in, this one, pmg messiah on cgtalk is the most constructive and has very little in the way of provocative posts. I do hope that you are not going to change that.

it always takes 2 to tango. I was trying to suggest you might have an alternative other then restricting yourself to wacom. It is not black and white like you said. Im not sure what you mean by "offensive writing style" offensive is a subjective term.

Parsec3d
11-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Stooch: the issue here is not about mouse vs pen , is just about how the pen style of
working behaves in messiah in relation to how it works in other apps and how it could only be a matter of the adjusting the motion response realation to make it more like it works
in other apps...

pls if you, as you have said before are in the mood of positive changes to your needs, if this is not in your list of need but is on the list of others then pls don't go beyond the workaround
sugestion kind of post, there is no "this is the way it must be" as long it is meant to work also in many other ways.

and about your style of post ,, well we all know english is not your mother tongue, but only because you have stated that, coz believe me you acidentally seem to have an extremly acid style. hardly seen before from and unskilled poster..
---

I do use the mouse but that is just the way Im used to work since I had Imagine on the amiga, but I do find as a good point the points about the wacoms for those who are used to them.. and since most of my current modeling has been on zbrush, well I'm in for any kind of modifications to optimise tablet usability...
---

btw english is not my mother tongue either but that is not hard to tell in my case ,, ;)

AAAron
11-13-2005, 08:19 PM
I am in no way seeking out an arguement.

btw, check this out http://www.macworld.com/2005/03/reviews/verticalmouse2/index.php

Yep thats the type I tested. Now you got me tempted to buy one.

DaveW
11-13-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm pretty sure the slow world navigation is a grid size issue. I was doing some tests and if you turn the grid size way down so you can get really fine control over the movement of your objects, but it does the same thing for world navigation making it painfully slow. If you turn the grid size way up, then world navigation can get insanely fast. So all you with slow world navigation, try using the ] key to increase the grid size. You may have to increase it quite a bit to get the speed you want; the downside is this will affect your ability to fine-tune items in the world view so you may have to use the motion graph for that.

Maybe for an upcoming release PMG can make the world navigation seperate from the grid size.

fwtep
11-13-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't mean to be rude or to start flames but...

don't you think... maybe, just maybe, some of us might have different configuration than the one pmG uses? Or maybe we dont have the same polycount as the dinosaur or the butch model?

Computers these days are like DNAs, none of them are alike. :shrug:I don't mean to be rude either, but don't you know how to solve problems? One of the first steps is to make sure everyone's on the same page, hence my wanting to know if it does it with a scene that we can all experiment with, and my question about whether you're talking about the navigation gadgets or something else.

I'm well aware that computers and scenes are different. That's why a baseline needs to be esablished, and the Butch scene is as good a baseline as any. If it works great on your system and mine then that tells us some important information. Likewise, if it works differently on mine than yours it also tells us important information.

Assuming the Butch scene works fine for you, the next question is what is it about your scene that's different? For example, what's the grid size?

Fred

PS: Here are my specs on this system:
CPU: 2.8ghz P4
RAM: 2gig
Graphics: GeForce Ti4600 (it's about 3 years old)
Res: 1280x1024

Not exactly a powerhouse system, but it's what I did my movie on.
Mouse

stooch
11-13-2005, 10:52 PM
and about your style of post ,, well we all know english is not your mother tongue, but only because you have stated that, coz believe me you acidentally seem to have an extremly acid style. hardly seen before from and unskilled poster..

btw english is not my mother tongue either but that is not hard to tell in my case ,, ;)

I am posting suggestions on the use of the mouse that might facilitate comfort for those who are discounting it outright because of fatigue induced pain. It is possible for your inexperience with the english language to cause confusion on your part. you seem to take words literally - without regard for dialect. This is a skill that you must hone on your own, rather then try to change everyone elses style to suit your needs. I posted about the mouse - not your personal posting style, I would appreciate it if you did the same and kept it on topic...

stooch
11-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Ayayay! Caramba! Its getting hot in here. :argh:

Like Dmack said, we say these things because we care a lot of Messiah. We simply love it.

Dual 22' monitor on messiah? Wow. That must be fun! What graphics card are you running? Better if you could tell us your whole rig (computer specs).

Lol, not really hot. Hot would be an inference to anger, and there is none here.

The workstation is a:

Dell Precision 650 (not by choice, our company uses a main vendor)
6 gigs of ram (will be updating to xp64 when time permits)
Dual Xeon x64 3.6ghz CPU,
Quadro 4 980XGL (messiah runs nicely)
80gig WD Raptor 10k rpm System Drive.
200gig Storage Drive at 7200rpm
Cd drives, etc.
Wacom
Mouse

The monitors are dell 22 inch, work really nice.
Actually its s pretty solid machine, cranks away, rarely crashes and reasonably fast.
I just prefer to build my own... :)

Parsec3d
11-14-2005, 12:56 AM
Stooch thank you for that, I agree with you lets keep on topic :)

Parsec3d
11-14-2005, 12:58 AM
pls :)

shadowfork
11-14-2005, 03:48 AM
Hello Fred!

Its always nice to hear from anyone at pmG :)

As mentioned earlier:

What I'm trying to get at is that XSI runs like a charm on my machine, and it has similar machine requirements as messiah, so why can't messiah this be just as fast?

What's up with that?

--> My point here is: even without any object in the scene, some of us find the 3d space seems to be slow when moving around compared to other apps.

Currently using 1280 x 1024.

Now if I turn down my res to 1024 x 768, it does look ugly and a waste of screen space but I get a better performance.

But why can't I use a higher res when I have a pretty good graphics card (128mb) and 2 gigs of ram???

I don't want to switch resolutions everytime I turn messiah on.

Sorry if we nag you guys a lot. You need to get used to it.
Thanks for listening though ... er... reading.

More power to pmG! :thumbsup:
-sf

shadowfork
11-14-2005, 03:53 AM
Lol, not really hot. Hot would be an inference to anger, and there is none here.

The workstation is a:

Dell Precision 650 (not by choice, our company uses a main vendor)
6 gigs of ram (will be updating to xp64 when time permits)
Dual Xeon x64 3.6ghz CPU,
Quadro 4 980XGL (messiah runs nicely)
80gig WD Raptor 10k rpm System Drive.
200gig Storage Drive at 7200rpm
Cd drives, etc.
Wacom
Mouse

The monitors are dell 22 inch, work really nice.
Actually its s pretty solid machine, cranks away, rarely crashes and reasonably fast.
I just prefer to build my own... :)

--- Stooch! That's one helluvva rig! No wonder you don't experience any slow navigations.
That's like 4 computers in one!

I prefer to rig my own too. But compared to yours, man, my machine is sooooooo lame. Years behind you stooch. Hehehehe.

Now I feel ashamed. :D

stooch
11-14-2005, 04:41 AM
well technically its not mine, it belongs to the company, at home im using a measly athlon 64 3000+ on a abit motherboard and 1 gig of corsair ram with a radeon vid card. 9800xt or something like that. Unfortunatelly i cant tell you how well messiah would work on my home rig, too bad i cant take it home with me to play with.

fwtep
11-14-2005, 05:57 AM
If anyone's interested, here's what my OpenGL settings are:

http://www.projectmessiah.com/forum_stuff/Nvidia_Settings.gif

Current Driver: 6.1.7.7 (date: 7/15/2004)

I'm not saying that those are all absolutely required to be like that, or that I even understand everything fully, but that's what I use and I don't have any problems. I'm not using a tablet though, so for those of you who are, this might not help. As for the driver, I'm not using that specific driver for any other reason than that I haven't found a need to update it; in other words, it works so I leave it alone.

SpikeWorx
11-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Hi Fred, thx for your settings.
Im just curious.
Since Pmg is a small company, do you test Messiah on many different systems and configurations ?

DMack
11-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Hi Fred,

I've just done another quick test. It seems to be the ability to change the setViewDolly setting that is really slow - again nothing to do with open GL. If this could be changed and I could choose the axis that is used (left/right against up/down) then this would be a really cool step.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
11-14-2005, 01:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.