PDA

View Full Version : rendering question

Mafra
11-10-2005, 08:27 PM
i was watching this vid tut and on his computer it rendered 4 sections @ the same time. When i render my stuff, it usually goes from top to bottom. can anyone help me out what i could do to speed up my rendering speed?

nendo_3d
11-10-2005, 08:40 PM
the only rea way to speed up render times it to ether compress the renders. or get a new computer

dann_stubbs
11-11-2005, 12:27 AM
i was watching this vid tut and on his computer it rendered 4 sections @ the same time. When i render my stuff, it usually goes from top to bottom. can anyone help me out what i could do to speed up my rendering speed?

that was just the render threads. it defaults to 1 thread per cpu

you can manually overide this in the application preferences - but you most likely won't see any speed improvement (at times there is a tiny one) but most likely a small decrease in performance as the single processor deals with multiple threads.

but it does have it's uses - like if doing a test render you can start to see multiple areas of the frame and may notice an error in the render to change before waiting for the one single line to make it all the way to the bottom.

dann

CGTalk Moderation
11-11-2005, 12:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.