PDA

View Full Version : WIP Female head

TBKoen
02-26-2002, 09:07 PM
whats up.

http://www.indigosite.nl/tenzc/images/sista5.jpg

been working on this female head for a lipsync animation.. i'm not really sure about the hair and eyes yet tho. i think i need to work on it some more...tips, and comments are appriciated.

xzevlin
02-26-2002, 09:26 PM
It might work a bit better if her eyes were closer together.
There looks like the gap between the eyes and the bridge of the nose is too much.

I think the hair looks pretty good! Maybe just paint onto her head's texture a bit around under the hair so that the skin isn't as obvious.

Really cool though, I like the style.

echo
02-26-2002, 09:29 PM
Pretty good ;)
About the hair...I'm a bit clueless on this one as far a what technique to use but they have a little plastic look. The main problem with the eyes is that there is no life in them. They need more details..they seem to be perfectly white. I'll get back to you on this one, I have to observe more.
Overall, it`s very good !

eric-s
02-26-2002, 09:37 PM
It's pretty good! I especially like the expression on her face; maybe change a camera angle will help us see her better.
maybe not using fish eye effect ...

iNFERNiS
02-26-2002, 10:01 PM
gangsta chick, whehe, looking very nice. i wanne see some animation :D

TBKoen
02-27-2002, 12:20 AM
thx people,
i'm workin on it...

any idea on how to do the hair tho?:( i'm totaly not satisfied with the look.

echo
02-27-2002, 12:40 AM
What Software are you using?
If it`s Max, I would use Shag hair, you can get pretty interesting results.

TBKoen
02-27-2002, 12:57 AM
hmm...i have the plug-in yes... at first i didn't wanna use it because i wanted to create this living cartoon typa female. but now i think it could work well.

TBKoen
02-27-2002, 12:58 AM
owh uhm...that's a yes...i work with max;)

Felix
02-27-2002, 01:15 AM
The lower rim of the nose, where nostril meets cheek sims way cheek and one may think of putting her eyes further together (w/ the brows). All in all I think she could be quite charming+unique, when she's animated. How long did it last?
ever tryed fur?

Gilgamesh
02-27-2002, 01:57 AM
For the hair, I like the look that you are going for. I'd say maybe make the big strands a tad smaller, and just add a lot more of them.
Maybe you could use shag hair to make them fuzzy. I agree that the shader needs some work.

BASSit
02-27-2002, 02:04 AM
Really cool looking sister ;) Not much to crit... i really like that face, especially that nose *g*
And Gilgamesh could be right: 30 or 40 strands would make a big difference - and maybe change the material: add some procedural textures for spec and bump. But not too much - the look your work has now is quit cool !!

Oh, and i also want to see her talking and laughing . . .

Keep up that brilliant work !

Threedeemer
02-27-2002, 03:22 AM
Man this is a great character! In my opinion I would not change much at all. Maybe just the hair by showing less skin as suggested earlier. Loads of personality The lips are perfect. And the eye spacing works. You have achieved true quality in this character. Excellent work.

dickie52
02-27-2002, 03:54 AM
i love her!
she rocks man.
so much umppppphhhhhh!

gaiXyn
02-27-2002, 06:16 AM
I would say to add a bump map that looks like braids...it will add depth and force the light to show it of....maybe a little specular using a brown color.....that's about all I think is the problem.....other than that....I think she's looking fine! :D

peaCe.....

TBKoen
03-01-2002, 06:43 PM
http://www.indigosite.nl/tenzc/images/sista2.jpg
didn't had much time to work on her yet, but here's an update.
STILL not satisfied with the braids, where they connect to the forehead. but i'll get there;)

Raul-Reznek
03-01-2002, 06:50 PM
VERY SEXY young woman, very nice dude.I'd like to know how u did the teeth, those are the essence of here sexiness.If u have time send me a mail. fuburaul@yahoo.com

\
VERY SEXY looking girl.

OH and I liked her BETTER before.

echo
03-01-2002, 07:16 PM
Very nice, to continue was I was saying earlier, if you did not want to use shag hair, consider the option of using it with moderation, you can mix shag with whatever other technique you want...just to create a few spline for irregularity in her hair.
It's my opinion..although you could leave her like that if it's the kind of look you are trying to reach.
Great work ;)

V-A Rautiola
03-01-2002, 07:32 PM
Like someone said: paint hair texture (under hair-geometry) in skull. Make forehead, cheeks and chin smaller. or dont. :)
Looking good so far.

V-A

TBKoen
03-01-2002, 08:27 PM
thx,

the teeth are pretty simply really...
create a box extrude some individual "teeth" and scale them. then bend 180 degrees and put a meshsmooth over it.
the gums are a half torus.
http://www.indigosite.nl/tenzc/images/teeth.jpg

yes, i'ma go try the shag furr thing:)

i actually did paint a darker skin underneath the hair.
http://www.indigosite.nl/tenzc/images/sista4.jpg

anywayz... i'll get there eventually;)

Pancreas
03-01-2002, 11:04 PM
Great face! Shés very expressive, i love those lips, yes i do.
Maybe you should add a bump texture to the braids (rastas?) to give them a curly look.

cerreto
03-02-2002, 07:47 AM
realy love the character very refreshing to see some difrent style than the norm , i dont use max but it looks to me like there is to musch specularity on the hair maybe adding a kink /bump map that has a gradient on it to highlight the highest part of the bump map would break it up and make it look more natural with a flatter look to i t ? im sure youve already been thinking it through for a while though and shag hair is awesome !

Later

psumo
03-02-2002, 08:36 AM
I think you should model the braids instead of a bump map
it'll be more convincing

There is a simple mathamatical formula to make a braid

first you need to draw a sine curve from the top view
now from the side view that curve becomes a straight line.
in the side view make that line a sine curve with the wavelength 2x the first sign curve.

once you done that duplicate the curves 3 times and offset them
you should have a perfect braid now

hm I wish I could show a picture
maybe if you want to do it and can't figure it out then tell me

TBKoen
03-02-2002, 08:44 PM
yes, i thought about that...but at the time it seemed like the scene would become 2 heavy (my compu it's exactly the fastest no more;))

i've tried shag furr.... but i failed to make it look like braids. think i'll try to model the braids now:) i must have tried everything now:P

The Idiot King
03-03-2002, 12:50 AM
It looks really good! except:

In the last image of her head, she looks a bit too masculine. I think it's the size of the jaw. If it was made a bit smaller, and more narrow (kinda pointy) it should look more feminine. I'm not a modeler, but something about it makes me think "cross-dresser" :p (maybe the shaved head!)

Just my $0.02.

policarpo
03-03-2002, 01:00 AM
awesome TB.

i definitely like the dreads in the iamge at the top of the page.

be sure to look at some fashion magazines or other type of zines with beautiful ladies in them to really nail the hair.

really nice work.

-policarpo

Totitch
03-03-2002, 05:02 AM
Really beautifull!

I like the way you stylised her face!
Great great job!

Maybe a body now??? I hope so! :)

Teyon
03-04-2002, 09:18 AM
Hey TBK! So this is where ya been hidin' yerself, huh? :) Well, I'd have to say I agree with Binder. Seems to me that her hair needs some bum mapping and a small amount of highlight to add sheen. IF you really feel you have to, you can move here eyes closer together but I don't think it's truly needed. Great work as always.

TBKoen
03-04-2002, 08:00 PM
Teyon dude:D

How r ya? haven't seen you nor your work in a while.
i dropped the braids for a second..and started working on her body. i'll post a preview soon

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.