PDA

View Full Version : Rendering scene sequence

MainlineX
11-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey all :)

I am busy with a project and would like to let it render overnight. The problem is I have different scenes that need to be rendered. So, what I mean is.....I would like to render scene A from frames 1-40 and then render scene B from frames 1-40 and so on and so forth.Can it be done automatically(When I say automatically I mean once scene A completes, it will begin rendering scene B) by typing a command? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction on how I would go about and do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Mills

Raider007
11-10-2005, 09:24 PM
do a google search for batch rendering in maya...
here is a not so pretty guide on how to do it...it's ugly, but it works...super simple...

http://www.jawa9000.com/technical/batch/batch-rendering.htm

MainlineX
11-11-2005, 04:56 AM
Heya Raider007 :)

Thanks for the linky, greatly appreciated. Seems abit confusing, but will give it a try. Thnx :)

Mills :)

Raider007
11-11-2005, 04:31 PM
yeah, it's really overwhelming the way the guy wrote it out...
but once you actaully write the batch file itself, it's really childs play and you realize you could've ignored probably 70% of what was writen on that page...

but until you figure it out, it's a good start

CGTalk Moderation
11-11-2005, 04:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.