PDA

View Full Version : Environment Test

ChimpanG
11-09-2005, 10:13 PM
For some reason no-one ever replies to my threads, come on people. I don't think mine are that bad. critique and comments welcome!
name: Giuseppe
Thought I'd do a quick environment test.
It's a 'typical eastern europian food factory building place' that you find around London.
All textures are 100% made by me (don't like texture cds and stuff)
anyways here's a wip shot.
bear in mind i am only going to use diffuse textures, no bumps or speculars etc.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/ghlpics/wheretogo.jpg
Next to do: dirty up the sign and move on.

paul-banister
11-10-2005, 12:56 AM
good start,the left and middle brick textures are very noticeable as being the same texture 'flipped',might be an idea to add some variation to it.

HellBoy
11-10-2005, 12:56 AM
No offence but you sound too cocky

Tell us what apps you are using and maybe a better shot/angle

Texture looks acceptable, not sure about modelling

keep them comming

GradiusCancer
11-10-2005, 02:47 AM
At a glance, your textures are a lower contrast than the harsh edges and shadows created by your mesh seams. Two solutions may be higher contrast textures, or smoother transitions between your mesh pieces. One thing I notice from looking at your modeling is it's boxes with textures. While this can work, you might want to take a closer look at some in-game art and how seamless these same boxes appear in those games. You can also save a lot of faces by flattening some of this detail. This all depends on how this facade will actually appear in game.

ChimpanG
11-10-2005, 05:59 PM
i'll get to work on the bricks, thanks - didnt see it was that noticable.
as for the modelling, i was trying to put all the detail in the texture, i'll make better use of my polys

CGTalk Moderation
11-10-2005, 05:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.