PDA

View Full Version : Make poly, like lightwave?

swampthing
11-09-2005, 08:25 PM
I decided to play with the modo demo again on one of my other machines and i i'm messing around building a replica model of my guitar. Anyhow the question is, is modo like lightwave in so far as say i build the outline of the guitar with teh pen tool and then extrude in thickness. Say i then delete the top face of the guitar and later want to recreate it with teh make poly tool. I've tried to select and edge and then hit L for the loop and then make poly and i get garbage. Do i have to do like you did in lightwave and select every damn edge individually in order to get a proper poly? Or is there some easier correct way that will give me a correct poly and not some messed up thing that's twisted over itself.

Thanks

Dion Burgoyne
11-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Nope, just double click on the edge to select the loop and hit P, you might get some concave polys, to fix those you just need to split it. Select two points and hit CTRL-L or edge slice and drag to the points (C) in the middle.

Even quicker than selecting the edge loop, if you have nothing selected, and convert the selection to edge boundries (hold the CTRL key down and click on the edge selection) it will automatically select every hole on your model. Makes it quicker to cap those open edges

swampthing
11-09-2005, 09:06 PM
ah hey that worked! is make poly different than just hitting P? Every time i did "make" i'd choose face and i'd get gobledy gook. It'd cross over itself and everything else. Hitting P was flawless.

Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2005, 09:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.