PDA

View Full Version : DT3D SHADER help for BUMP plz

CharlesVarenne
11-09-2005, 07:19 PM
I just install the DT3D shader. It looks much better than the Misssfast skin shader and it generates less really mistake error and so on.... So I am really happy with it.
BUT I don't understand how the bump is working. I put a map in the scatter normal or/and specular normal WITH a 2d Bump node. All I get is just something strange which looks like weird specular... How can I create a proper Bump on this shader. ( I am using the version for Maya 7.)
Thanks to you all.

migusan76
11-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey c.varenne, I've encountered the same effect before through mental ray. Try this out as a test to make sure the shader is working properly. Go and make a bump3d node with a celluar proceduarl attached to it. Then connect the outNormal from the bump3d node to the scatter normal or the specular normal and it should work fine if everything is installed correctly and the shader is working fine. If you could also post maybe a image of the error that is occuring for me to see exactly what is happening.

CGTalk Moderation
11-10-2005, 12:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.