PDA

View Full Version : misss fast skin shader not showing up when batch

vonky
11-09-2005, 05:15 PM
If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated!
I'm using the misss fast skin shader in Maya 6.5 and. I'm trying to batch render out a character, animnated with endorphin. For some reason it works when I use the render view but not when I batch render it, the character is not showing up.
We have a renderfarm but the shader is not installed on the machines yet so I need to render it locally.I'm not using any FG or GI just the misss fast skin shader and some pointlights.
Does anyone know what is going on?

Also if rendering it over a farm would make a difference?

Thank's a lot

~mike~
11-10-2005, 10:43 AM
is it not showing up at all ?? black or what??

vonky
12-09-2005, 08:04 PM
is it not showing up at all ?? black or what??

Yep completelly black like there is nothing in the scene.
I kind of gave up on that project, but if you have any idea what's going on I would be happy to find out.
Thank's

dunkelzahn
12-12-2005, 01:19 PM
I had a problem with the Misss_skin_fast as well. Sounds a bit like yours. When I rendered my character, it would appear nicely in Photoshop, but not in After Effects. What happened? The Misss_skin_fast does not appear in the alpha layer. Funny, eh! I had to render the object with a standard shader to get a correct alpha map and composite that with the RGB layers! Hope I could help with that....

Hawke
12-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Hi - I have had this exact problem in maya 6 and found if I delete the history of the disappearing mesh before I use batch rendering it all works fine. Try deleting the history and then rendering.

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2005, 01:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.