PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Using Medion Graphics Tablet

animateden
11-09-2005, 05:56 PM
I saw these "Medion Wacom-Like" tablets on eBay at unheard of prices and was wondering if anyone has purchased one to use with Painter or Photoshop and how they like them?

I appreciate any comments or advice...

I am using Painter IX on a Macintosh G5 running Panther.

Thanks,

Den
animateden@mac.com

Sunil90
11-14-2005, 12:11 PM
hi, yes i've got a medion A4 sized tablet. Its got so many features, including a set of assignable hotkeys. It peforms well too. Mine also comes with a mouse although its a horrible cheap one.

Peresonally i dont know why you would want to pay 200+ for a wacom when this is just a fraction of the cost. Even if it breaks you can buy another one and you would still be saving.
Sunil.

animateden
11-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks Sunil,

I took a chance and bought one. It was easy to install and seems to work like a dream. I also can't see any reason to buy a Wacom over a Medion. The only drawback is the pen takes a battery but it comes included.

-Den

Sanne-chan
11-17-2005, 08:46 AM
There you have it: the Evil battery Of Doom! *shudders*

Wacom doesn't have those in their pens because they make the pen heavy, thus making it more difficult to draw with. if you use your tablet just for doodling or as a mouse replacement, maybe it will do, but if you actually want to draw with it, batteries are a big no-no. (besides that, I don't think there is anything more frustrating than having to replace the darn thing right when you are having that "creative flow" thing going on)

sumpm1
11-20-2005, 05:56 AM
I have never even owned a Wacom. I have heard they are great, and their price says they're the best. I use an Acecad Acecat Flair USB. It has served me well for 3 years running on the same battery. I use it quite often too. I have 2 replacements waiting to go in, but have never needed them. I love this thing, so I say give it a try. The battery means nothing.

animateden
12-19-2005, 10:17 PM
I have been using my Medion tablet for some time now. I switched from a Wacom 6X8. The Medion 9X12 has changed my life and all for the better!

The battery in the pen issue is minimal. Just as there is a weight difference between a brush and pencil in the non-digital world, it is what you get used to. With a little use the advantage of having a 9X12 work surface outweighs any problem with a battery in the pen.

I have noticed no difference in response or accuracy. I give Medion my highest recommedation. Artists are notorious for being short of cash. I know I am. Getting a 9X12 tablet for $40 is too good a deal to pass up.

-Den

CGTalk Moderation
12-19-2005, 10:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.