PDA

View Full Version : Retouching - smaller waist, bigger boobs

fasth
11-09-2005, 01:30 PM
I need some tips and etcetra for retouching, mainly the things in the title;
How do I go about giving people a thinner waist and bigger boobs; those things. Preferrably from people who know, ie. industry people. I tried playing around with the liquify filter, just some random testing - is this a useably way to go about it?
Things like removing wrinkles, both in faces and on clothes, and stuff like that I know how to do, but I've never tried changing sizes and stuff like that.

Also, feel free to share any tips of yo uwant to; you can never learn too much!

halo
11-09-2005, 09:06 PM
CS2's warp tool would help...shear, spherize etc as well.

HellBoy
11-10-2005, 12:09 AM
it really depends the amount of time you give it and how creative you go with it. I work in a Retouching Studio and this other day my task were to tuck this lady's stomach in. She had kinda big stomach. it sounds simple and it could be simple but she had this really fur top on with horrible material and you know when you play with liquify it sort of blur's the stuff but the key point is, always duplicate the original layer and play with the opacity

tezi
11-12-2005, 07:56 PM
i think separate d bg if not yet done.
duplicate the character and apply warp tool under transform.
and do whatever u wnt in case u need us mask n mix the stuff with original laye without destrying the source file...

tezi
11-12-2005, 08:04 PM
i think separate d bg if not yet done.
duplicate the character and apply warp tool under transform.
and do whatever u wnt in case u need us mask n mix the stuff with original laye without destrying the source file...

Martin Kay
11-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Well a start would be to copy breasts and waist each to a new layer, resize, position, maybe distort and then retouch to meet the rest of the underlaying torso.

bobzilla
11-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Check out Photoshop Restoration and Retouching by Katrin Eismann. She has a section where she alters the human form for more pleasing results. Makes a head narrower and takes some weight off of a woman in her wedding pictures.

I've neve tried the techniques, but they look fairly straightforward.

Excellent book in general, too.

fasth
11-19-2005, 10:36 AM
thanks for the replies guys!

bulilit
11-23-2005, 12:40 PM
try FILTER > LIQUIFY

kraal
11-23-2005, 02:26 PM
I dont use the 'fancy filters' for that..... i just use copy paste and the clone and healing brushes

Jack Youngblood
12-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Hellboy is right, it depends upon the circumstance. Also VERY important is drawing skills. There aint no such thing as a breast filter (yet;)). I teach drawing and one thing I have noticed about breasts is how heavily the suffer from our expectations of how they should look (and I am not just talking about teenage boys).

Classic mistakes are: nipples too high, nipple area too pointed (breasts almost never point), and how the breast mass integrates with the muscle that leads across down from the shoulder. Also a bit of hang is very important in breasts. Look and implanted ones and see how strange they can look without gravity.

Waits are never as flat as we think they should be. Also it is often higher than where we think it should go and the midriff in general is shorter than we think.

CGTalk Moderation
12-09-2005, 06:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.