PDA

View Full Version : question for the node-fans: pointOnCurveInfo

nemirc
11-09-2005, 05:36 AM
Hullo people.
I am currently trying to make the lashes for one of my characters and I decided to go the PaintFX way. I was messing with the nurbs curve I want to use to root the lashes and I see the min-max values (0 and 23) which makes me think there must be a way to get the values "in between" and then use them to control the length of my lashes... the problem is that I can't find a way to do it with the pointOnCurveInfo node T__T
Help pliz

Jhavna
11-09-2005, 09:37 AM
can't you use

pointOnCurve -pr 0.5 -p curve1;

this will get the XYZ of curve1 at parameter 0.5..... or is there a reason you want to use the pointOnCurveInfo node instead?

If you need to use pointOnCurveInfo node then you can get values at various parameters (positions) along the curve by using parameter (pr) to set the parameter and then get the position of this point using position (p).

I'm guessing here as I don't have Maya handy right now, but the manual says this to be true ;)

nemirc
11-09-2005, 02:13 PM
I looked at that node because of something I read in the highend3d list server. However I shall take a look at that code you wrote ;)
Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2005, 02:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.