PDA

View Full Version : Brad Bird (Iron Giant) to recieve Texas Avery Award (Texas Nov 13th)

RobertoOrtiz
11-09-2005, 04:42 AM
Quote:
"On November 13th at 4pm in Dallas, TX Reel FX Creative Studios in conjunction with the Deep Ellum Film Festival will present Brad Bird with first ever Texas Avery award. Tex Avery's daughter, Nancy Avery Arkley, will be on hand as well as Pixar designer and creator of ROBOTS William Joyce and Bird himself. Tickets are only $10. Any animation fan living in the area should hang their heads in shame if they don't try to get to this thing. "

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21772

-R

xino
11-09-2005, 06:26 AM
Well damn.

I'll be doing my best to make it to this thing. Finally living in Texas has an upside. ;)

Edit:

After reading the article and trying to buy tickets online, it says it's being held at a high school.....

Does that make sense to anyone ? First off, from what I know, North Dallas isn't exactly a "good" neighborhood, and it does have great school buildings. Why would this be held at a high school in the first place? If anyone has any further information, I'd greatly appreciate it before I waste money on tickets.

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2005, 06:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.