PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! I need some help with drawing in Photoshop

moonman
02-26-2002, 05:03 PM
I have been hanging around here for a while and I looking at some of the awesome stuff here, the thing is I cannot work out how you guys are so good at character design and stuuf in Photoshop. I really want to know how you all manage it.

If you could leave some tips and hints for me and anyone else who is in the same position as me I would be eternally gratefull.

I have all the up to date software and a tablet, I think my main problem is inspiration.

PLEASE HELP!!

Cheers!

Moonman

ime
02-26-2002, 05:31 PM
watch some movie or something...
or read some good book

when you start drawing think 3d
think about lightsource and it's intensity

everything else will come by itself

illustr8rX
02-27-2002, 05:25 AM
yeah movies and books are good inspiration, or just try to draw something on your desk, then mutate it into a creature or a mech. let your imagination go wild. I wish I could find my 'desk lamp mech' to post...
anything to practice so you can learn how to paint in photoshop-to be more comfortable in it.

moonman
02-27-2002, 01:30 PM
Cheers guys that is a great help.

I won't give up and I will keep on trying

Cheers!

Sangotten
02-27-2002, 03:53 PM
What really helped me when I was having a "inspiration black out" I would grap some (comic) books and try draw them in my own way. Or try to come up with very short and simple stories and build out the character's first on paper and later in Photoshop. If it are the skills that are lacking: practise!!! and look how other people do it.....

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.