PDA

View Full Version : gamer girl freak/geek

Melissa
11-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Hi everyone,

I didn't finish my model for the unofficial game art challenge but i still wanted to post her here for some cc. I'm still learning how to rig so I just moved the verts around to put her in this pose. Yes, she's walking her controller like a puppy.:p I admit that her pose is not dynamic or necessarily good. I'm more interested in a crit on the model and texture rather than the pose. Thanks in advance!

Maya
3022 Triangles
512*512 color, bump, spec maps (one of each type)

onelung
11-09-2005, 12:01 AM
ha, awesome! haven't posted mine in here yet, this turned out really well, few crits, wish the sock was a different color than the hue of the skin. skin could probably use a little red tint for the shadowy areas. very, very weird, but original, nicely done.
-schu

dudethedreamer
11-09-2005, 06:27 AM
Beautiful model. Just need a little more detial in the texture but thats just preference

SHEPEIRO
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
this is seriously freaky, like sommit outta my nightmares brrrrr

DeadBoy
11-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Nicely done! Love the skin work, the texturing overall is what sells it. I agree about the sock being a different color though. Dont really understand the mask, but hey it's your concept so I dont have to :) ! Very well done!

Melissa
11-10-2005, 02:52 AM
I think I may agree about the sock. I wanted it to be that typical plain looking white sock. No frills. I wanted her clothes not to make much sense as to any particular style without being over the top. Kinda like theres just something not quite right or clear about who or what she is. I'll mess with the sock as well as the skin and post it up tomorrow.

Dudethedreamer: Could you be more specific when you say more detail?

Thanks for the comments ya'll. I'll post an update tomorrow.

SHEPEIRO
11-10-2005, 09:52 AM
i think the detail is fine, and it has a nice muted colour scheme thats really cool, like something out of Delicatessen, crossed with that Donnie Darko mask, works really well, and i like the sock, its nice that it isnt tooo obvious, and takes a closer inspection to reveal all, keep it as is in my opinion

if you had got it in on time i would have said it might have won.

dudethedreamer
11-11-2005, 03:31 AM
The texture is perfect as it is. I was just saying that some poeple might like to add additional detials as yours is very plain but works perfectly!!!

Melissa
11-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Thanks Shepeiro. I have to say I almost fell out of my chair when I saw yours completed. That's one big noggin. lol. Great job to you for finishing it on time as well.

Thanks Dude. I haven't had time to work on her at all but I still want to mess with her a bit though.

Thanks for the comments guys.

CGTalk Moderation
11-11-2005, 05:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.