PDA

View Full Version : NEW Open Season trailer!!!

fattyLees
11-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Rick May posted this on CG CHar today so I thought I bring it over here too

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/toonstruck/openseason.gifYou can see the new Open Season trailer by doing the following. Go here (http://www.nick.com/turbonick/). On the far upper right select "Nicksclusives". Scroll down to AD: Movie Trailers. Select "Open Season".

It has been reported that this link does not work for those outside the United States. Hopefully a quicktime version will be available shortly.

SheepFactory
11-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Edit: just got it to work finally!

Looks very good but it was totally different then what i thought it would be about , I had the feeling it was about animals protecting the forest from humans or something like that.

And I cant say i like the voice actor choices but thats just personal preference.

uhuru
11-08-2005, 05:51 PM
This movie is gonna be so awesome! There are a lot of really talented people working on it over there at Imageworks, from the story dept., to animation , to lighting and effects. Its gonna be sweet.

Shaderhacker
11-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Hopefully a quicktime version will be available shortly.

Waiting on that since some of us are on Linux boxes..

-M

xtrm3d
11-08-2005, 06:54 PM
saw the new trailer , in front of chicken little last friday ..
considering that i did not like the first one .. i wa really skeptical about teh second one ..
but .. hey ..yesss.. i want to see this movie ..
the story .. ( although being a little bit clichee .. domestical ''wild'' animal goes back to teh wilderness ) semm to be really funny .. and have a lot of good gag ..
did love the deer trowing teh rabit on teh windows..it was hilarious ..

i would definitivly .. bring my son to see it .. and i am sure i would enjoy it too myself

sforsyth
11-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Wow, just followed that link, got a page saying:
"To watch videos on TurboNick you need:
To be located in the United States or it's territories"

I'm just stunned by that.

harlan_hill
11-09-2005, 09:32 AM

Don't feel so bad. I'm in the states (california to be exact) and I get the same page. I had to seek other methods to view the trailer.

sforsyth
11-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Don't feel so bad. I'm in the states (california to be exact) and I get the same page. I had to seek other methods to view the trailer.

I guess I'm just shocked at such blatant discrimination on a website. I've never seen anything like that on the web before.

Did you have any luck tracking it down? I'd love to get a link...

tevih
11-09-2005, 12:38 PM

AND STAY OUT!!! :twisted:

I joke. It'll show up on apple.com eventually...

I'm also not crazy about the voice actors, and apparently the movie is not at all what I thought it was, either! Looking forward to this - love the character designs! :)

Anyone see the trailer for Hoodwinked? It's on the same site - I never even heard of it before, and I thought it looked great! Some of the animation seemed a lttle off in the trailer, but I thought the design was great and it looked really funny! Who made it?

google monkey
11-09-2005, 03:08 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/open_season/index.html

sforsyth
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Aw nuts, I thought it was a new trailer, I've already seen this one. Thanks for the link though.

j alan hawkins
11-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Aw nuts, I thought it was a new trailer, I've already seen this one. Thanks for the link though.

that link that Google Monkey posted is to the old 'teaser', thanks though G.M.

the one on turbo nick is a full trailer, with actual shots from the movie. I think thereis a different 'international' trailer comming out which is why the one on there only works in the US.

sorry~:shrug:

MarkusM
11-09-2005, 06:44 PM
I thought the trailer was awesome. I wonder how much of the story was really revealed here. But there some funny shots in there. So here's me hoping for something great.

Markus

Dreckins
11-09-2005, 07:20 PM
I could not get the trailer to play off the link above and I also live in CA. Maybe there was an earthquake I didn't know about and LA is floating away from the continent. :argh:

In other news... I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but since I last checked, there has been a huge update to the Open Season website.

Still has the teaser trailer on it, but theres a bunch of downloads, character profiles and stuff.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/openseason/index.html

My Fault
11-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Didn't let me in using Firefox but IE got in just fine. So if you are in the US and getting blocked, try IE.

Really funny little trailer. I thought I would hate Martin Lawrence in this but I think he did a great job in the trailer. Was also surprised that the story was not what I had expected. Can't wait for this one. Nice work Sony people. If you see Derek Freisenborg say hey and ask him about his hook for a hand :)

RockinAkin
11-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Looks visually stunning... cant wait to see it.
I'm gonna have to agree with sheep that I'm not liking Martin Lawrence's voice for the bear.
Needs to be someone with a fatter, deeper voice.

Dreckins
11-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Didn't let me in using Firefox but IE got in just fine. So if you are in the US and getting blocked, try IE.

Yeah! Got it to work. Thanks man.

Great trailer. Congrats to everyone over there (yeah Wilderman!), it looks awesome! Different story presented this time 'round, but some good comedic timing. Keep up all the hard work guys!

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2005, 07:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.