PDA

View Full Version : Lack of support is very annoying on this board.

Kameel
11-08-2005, 12:08 AM
I've been a part of this board for a while now, and I am disgusted at how people post on these forums, but the knowitalls keep info to themselves !!! I've posted some questions that were very important to me, only to have no response to my question. I think this is one of the most talented boards on the web, but the lack of support kills it.

RobertoOrtiz
11-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Ok how can we help you?

-R

Kameel
11-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Well, I want to model a pair of nike sneakers, and I just want to know what is the best approach to doing this? I'm trying to model a pair of air jordans, and I want them to be a high polly mesh. Do I model the basic form and then texture the maps, or do I model all the little details and then create the textures myself ? I'm sorry if I sounded a lil' annoying, but I'm trying to find all the info I can, but I couldn't find any help online or on the other sites I'm apart of. Thanks for understanding. I don't care if someone responds that they don't know, just as long as they respond.

RobertoOrtiz
11-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Ok here is the first question I would ask you...

What is the intended target audience for this model?
Is it for a web animation?
Film? Tv Show? Game?

Is it agoing to be animated? If so how?

-R

Kameel
11-10-2005, 04:01 AM
It's for a personal project, and I want to show close ups. I want to do a very detailed version, if that's what your asking..

pnoland
11-10-2005, 04:22 AM
There's a couple ways to start a model like this. First of all you need some good reference images so either take some shots with a digital camera of the show from the top, side, front, and back, or search for some pics if you need to on google. After you have your references setup in your modeling app then start with the basic shape of the shoe. You can either start with a cube and extrude and reshape it until you get a rough shape or do it polygon by polygon. Really after you get the basic shape you'll cut and add geometry to get a more detailed mesh going.

SajNT
11-14-2005, 03:08 AM
pnoland is right. Get reference. Snap lots of pics, close up high resolution pictures of the sneakers. Since you wanted very detailed, i assume what you meant was when the camera zooms in, you can see the tiny bumps and faint wrinkle lines along the shoes.Naturally if that is the case, there'll be roughly be 4-5 UVs just for the shoes alone.

Chisel the rough shape of the form out from a simple subdivied polyCube first. Do not overcomplicate the model, but keep it light and simple till the form surfaced.

lumberyard
11-19-2005, 08:49 AM
i would just like to drop a warm fuzzy in this thread to offset the vibe :)

while i rarely post, i do regularly read and i have found the people here, both admin and public to be extremely friendly and helpful (not to mention inspiring).

so thanks for this unbelievable resource, simply visiting the board is an education.

newellteapot
11-23-2005, 11:52 AM
I agree, this thread is very friendly and helpful. Sorry you had a bad experience but don't leave us!:love:

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2005, 11:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.