PDA

View Full Version : When is the next beginner anatomy tutorial starting?

Elucid Concepts
11-07-2005, 09:46 PM
I've noticed quite a few group tutorials, especially those run by Rebeccak (I think that's spelled right). However, most of them are already done, and those that are still running seem to be more of the intermediate or advanced level, or require you to purchase books.
I'm strapped for cash right now, so I was wondering when's the next batch of free beginner's anatomy tutorial starting, if there's going to be one? Many thanks.

Rebeccak
11-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Elucid Concepts,

Hey there, well, to tell you the truth, I am up to my ears in teaching the CGWorkshop through the end of November. After which, I will need a short break. ;) The Beginner's Drawing Workshop, however, is basically ongoing for as long as people post work to it ~ feel free to post the first exercises, should you rustle up the money for the book. You could probably find a used one for very cheap on Amazon.com or other website. The book "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" is about as basic as it gets, and is a tremendous resource for young and beginning artists of all ages. Why not try to find it at your local library? I've heard many people on the Beginner's thread mention that they had no trouble finding it there. :)

Hope that answers your question ~ I would highly recommend trying to find the book at a library or online for cheap, and then participating in the Beginner's Workshop, taking it at your own pace. I will look at any work that is posted there, so don't worry about being off~pace from everyone else. :)

Glad to have you on the forum! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Rebeccak
11-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Elucid Concepts,

Also, can you tell me what you had in mind in terms of 'beginning anatomy'? If you have not drawn much before, then Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain contains the perfect Exercises. :)

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Elucid Concepts
11-08-2005, 04:05 PM
The library! Lol. I completely forgot about that. Thanks!

I'm actually more of a 3d modeller/animator, but I realized I couldn' draw the human body very well. Some proportions would be wrong, and some poses, such as the character looking 45 degrees at the camera, would look ridiculous. So I was thinking learning the proportions and anamtomy of the human body for awhile, in conjunction with modelling.

I have never been on a course before. Everything I know, I've taught myself, so I don't know how advanced I am. I feel I'm around the beginner to intermediate level, but I could be wrong.

Ego
11-08-2005, 05:00 PM
The library! Lol. I completely forgot about that. Thanks!

Its amazing how people forget the library. A priceless resource!

Rebeccak
11-08-2005, 10:48 PM
Elucid Concepts,

Feel free to post some of your 3D work on the 3D DIGITAL ARTISTS (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=257442) thread. But with respect to drawing, I recommend trying the Beginner's Drawing Workshop first, then participating in the Open Figure Drawing Workshops, which are posted every 2 weeks. :)

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Queenie,

Indeed, it's funny ~ the library is the last thing I think of too! :surprised

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

Elucid Concepts
11-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Lol. I went to the library and they didn't have the book "drawing on the right side of the brain", so I got

HOW TO DRAE THE HUMAN FIGUER, Victor Ambrus

FIGURE DRAWING WITHOUT A MODEL, Ron tiner

Don't know if they're any good. By the way, if anyone has a pdf version of "drawing on the right side of the brain" or knows a place where I can get it, you know who to call. *_^

Rebeccak
11-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Elucid Concepts,

I would recommend requesting that your library order the book. :) I'm pretty sure they would honor your request. :)

Cheers, ;)

~Rebeccak

Ego
11-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Don't know if they're any good. By the way, if anyone has a pdf version of "drawing on the right side of the brain" or knows a place where I can get it, you know who to call. *_^
Never heard of such a thing. Good luck finding that.

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2005, 08:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.