PDA

View Full Version : Beginner !?

Pulse82
11-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Hi !

Iam new in 3D / Animation and so on. How do i begin ?
You havent any section for us newbie.
I cant click on Screenwriting and learn me ?

Why dont u make some part for us newbie.

I have Maya and I dont know how to begin.
Ofcourse I can buy books or download video tutorials, but u havent even any site there i can find this tutorials.

Can someone help me to begin with this? I want to learn :)

Ciao !

raijonlu
11-08-2005, 12:45 PM
this might be a start:
http://www.learning-maya.com
check the tutorial links...
work through the basic tuts...(modelling, shading...)

or try:
www.3d-palace.com (http://www.3d-palace.com)
look in the free video tut section for maya tuts...
there is stuff for beginners...

you just need to have patience to make progress...

good luck...

brian
11-09-2005, 02:21 AM
www.3dbuzz.com (http://www.3dbuzz.com)

tons of free videos, covering many programs.

-Brian

Joblh
11-10-2005, 02:53 PM
alot of maya beginner video tuts :)

http://www.digitaltutors.com/digital_tutors/tutorials.php?cat=maya

Hordak
12-05-2005, 02:23 PM
There should be forum called newbies only. When one enters that forum, there should be a big sign and a loud voice going somthing like:
"READ THE TUTORIALS THAT CAME WITH THE PROGRAM AND STAY AWAY FROM CGTALK IF YOU ARE A PIRATE!"
When people claim that they didn't get the tutorials with the program(they are likely pirates) then it should go:
IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET TUTORIALS FROM THE NET ON YOUR OWN, ARE YOU THEN SURE THAT COMPUTERS IS YOUR THING AT ALL?!"

brian
12-06-2005, 02:11 AM
There should be forum called newbies only. When one enters that forum, there should be a big sign and a loud voice going somthing like:
"READ THE TUTORIALS THAT CAME WITH THE PROGRAM AND STAY AWAY FROM CGTALK IF YOU ARE A PIRATE!"
When people claim that they didn't get the tutorials with the program(they are likely pirates)

He might have the PLE. So, until you can confirm what he acually has, back off

-Brian

Hordak
12-06-2005, 07:50 AM
No. you get some humor and look at what I wrote, not just the parts you didn't like.

What I was saying (which seemed very clear to me) was that people should be able to find beginner tutorials by them selves, instead of asking questions like "got 3ds max how do I start?" and they should be informed that pirating is not acceptable in these forums, which is a point that some newbies don't get.

brian
12-06-2005, 12:56 PM
acually, I just thought your last part was to dumb to comment on. Theres alot of training out there. Some alot better than others. Beginers ask for training all the time. theres nothing wrong with it.

Hordak
12-06-2005, 01:57 PM
acually, I just thought your last part was to dumb to comment on. Theres alot of training out there. Some alot better than others. Beginers ask for training all the time. theres nothing wrong with it.

I disagree. when speaking of an example like "what would you suggest as a tutorial for making a human model?" fine, that's a question I can respect. But "just got Maya, how do I do stuff?" is not something I can respect. As said anyone can find tutorials on the net and there is not that much a difference when it comes to basics like creating and object and extruding. or what a vertex is, or a polygon for that matter. There is alot to learn from the basic tutorials that follow the programs. And if you don't have 'em, but can find your way in here, you should be able to find some relatively easy (just by searching the forums without posting). That's my opinion and I believe that we're not going to agree on this.:)

scrimski
12-06-2005, 02:14 PM
But "just got Maya, how do I do stuff?" is not something I can respect. As said anyone can find tutorials on the net and there is not that much a difference when it comes to basics like creating and object and extruding.

Quoted for agreement.

And I think Google should come with some videotutorials, because it is sooo hard to type in the stuff to search. :argh:

And wrong forum, btw..

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2005, 02:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.