PDA

View Full Version : Help Final gather flickering

G1toons
11-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey how is everybody,
i am having a problem with final gather, i am having a problem with flickering on my character, i increased my final gather rays but that makes the render expensive but is does lessen the flickering . i was wondering if there is another way fix to this,
like the quality presets or the multi pixel filter

apprecciate the help
Leon G

anthonymcgrath
11-10-2005, 09:45 AM
sorry you gotta crunk up the fg points if you want flicker free or tweak min/max settings to mix their results and even with all that its not perfect as its view dependant so get edited pretty much every time the cam moves :/ you can freeze a fg file, append points to a current one for a bit more extra accuracy and theres a hidden option that lets you do fg points based on pixels instead of world units or somethin but cant remember how to turn it on.

I use a dirtmap and comp it over afterward - it'll also bolt into shaders easily enough so you can have fg effects on selected objects rather than the whole scene - handy and its quite nippy too with its rendering.

theres a sticky on this site somewhere or just search for dirtmap

CGTalk Moderation
11-10-2005, 09:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.