PDA

View Full Version : Ok...here's a real brain bender...

Markfuscius
12-22-2001, 12:37 AM
I love blender. I personally think the ui is the smoothest thing I've ever seen. However, I'm currently part of a robotics team at school that also is going to do an anim of our robot doing wut it's supposed to do.
The only problem is that the anim has to be rendered in 3ds max, and I really don't want to have to do all my modelling after school (not that I'd mind using 3ds max, mind you).
So...does anyone know a possible string of filetypes (and programs needed to get them there) to turn a file exported in any of blender's possible export types (I'm not even sure what blender can export as...or where export is in blender) to eventually end up as a file type importable into 3ds max.
Plz help!
Hmm...maybe I should bribe you...if you do, I'll post the finished anim in four or five file types and resolutions, and a lot of the early renders of the bot, on the forum (prolly critique >> 3d).
Thx!!! ^_^

Taoizm
12-22-2001, 04:09 AM
First most common file type to look for is the .3ds format. Second is a .dxf, or .dwg (CAD formats) I havn't played with blender in a long time so I couldn't tell you off hand what it can export to.

wolf
12-25-2001, 07:05 PM
Try looking for a free plugin for the problem. Should be one out there.

underdog
01-01-2002, 05:34 PM
Blender can export to both .dxf or .vrml, either of which 3ds max will import fine.

Markfuscius
01-07-2002, 03:33 PM
Thanx much, guys!
Didn't know .dxf was ACAD base...
I'll get stuff up as soon as I can ^_^

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.