PDA

View Full Version : Animated cartoon Penguin

vfxmatt
11-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Hey all

Here is a clip myself and a employee of mine finished for a web site in a week.

please enjoy

let me know what ya think.

http://www.lovecapetown.com/Gold.mov

and a still of the charactor

wbuckzbery
11-08-2005, 01:13 AM
im an totally in love with this its awsome sweet job i love the penguins dancing great stuff. and the animation was good to especially for the time you had. so two thumbs up.

vfxmatt
11-08-2005, 06:25 AM
Thanks man It was a fun job.The client wanted to do a photo realistic penguin but we pitched a "madagascar look" to them and the liked it more.

sogun
11-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Awesome work! I love all little creatures. Your film is absolutely cool! :thumbsup:

vfxmatt
11-08-2005, 12:53 PM

spinpatrol
11-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Nice work. I like the humour, did you guys script it aswell.
The end when the penguins are dancing on the sand, there are no shadows, but that could be a creative thing, I am not sure.
And when the sky diving penguin lands on the dj penguin the camera shake reveals the edge of the background plate with table mountain on it.
Its cool, nice work.
Hehe I was just watching it again and I like the part where the sky diving penguin loses the hand glider and tries to flap his wings to fly, and as we all know penguins cant fly [ except under water] thats great
Wow you guys are getting busy...

khaled$$
11-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Good work Mr.suethsayer (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=2565) vbmenu_register("postmenu_2802341", true); :thumbsup:

Thank you .......

vfxmatt
11-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Hey Spinpatrol

Yeah another Rush job.Only a bloody Week.

I was hoping you didnt notice the edge of the plate .hhahah.hey the client didnt.

Yeah it was a bit hectic to render the different passes due to it being radiosity.And the client kept changing stuff right to the bitter end.but it was a fun job.all of it minus the end or the dancing DJ was animated in Lightwave.We used modo and its cool uv unrwp tools to unwrap the Penguin.worked like a bomb.

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2005, 09:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.