PDA

View Full Version : Loading files in the demo version.

dOMINUSMess
11-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi,
I just DWNLed the demo version of Messiah, and am trying to load a file.
I know the Save function is disabled, but it seems to me the Load function is also disabled.

I can start Messiah from Lightwave, but I can not load anything.

I'm probably being a stupid noob but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

shadowfork
11-07-2005, 05:45 PM
That's very odd.

The Load button should never be disabled. Try uninstall then install again.

Is it possible to see a screen capture, so we can help diagnose what's going on.

-sf

dOMINUSMess
11-08-2005, 07:44 AM
Hi and thanks for the reply shadowfork.

I've figured it out : it was my Wacom tablet.
When first using messiah, I did'nt know of any issues with Wacom, and when I hovered the cursor over the "Load" field, one of the "x.empty" fields BENEATH the cursor was highlighted, so I could not load anything.

After searching the threads on cgtalk, I came across multiple posts reagarding tablets, and started thinking that maybe that was the problem and it was.

After searching the manual I found that I could change interface input settings, and now it works with my tablet and mouse.

I've played around with the demo and in the meantime I've already ordered the licensed version of messiah:studio, because I think messiah is simply AMAZING!

I know I'm going to have fun with it, greets..

shadowfork
11-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Yup, it is AMAZING.

It takes me half the time, even less to rig in Messiah. Most of the time you spend more time animating than setting up.

Have fun!

-sf

dOMINUSMess
11-08-2005, 08:27 PM
shadowfork wrote: It takes me half the time, even less to rig in Messiah. Most of the time you spend more time animating than setting up
I would not believe it if I had'nt experienced it already myself in the demo.
I'm an amateur noob, have had a fun time trying to learn to model (1.5 years so far) UNTIL I started rigging: frustration from here to the moon.
That's why I am oh so glad I came across messiah in my search for a decent rigging prog.
What I've done so far is probably peanuts for you, but for me it would have taken at least a week in my other prog and in messiah it only took me about an hour and with IK, which I did'nt even touch yet in the other prog.
AND I'VE MADE MY FIRST LITTLE MOVIE!!!
Something which I did not manage in my other prog, at least as "good" as I've managed it in messiah.
Too bad I can not save it in the demo, but in a couple of days XMass will be coming early this year, yeaaahhh!

shadowfork
11-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Hehehe, enjoy.

Hope to see your work someday.

-sf

heroinchicmodel
11-11-2005, 04:55 AM
Hey,

I'm having a similar problem myself with the demo, how did you fix the settings so you can use the wacom tablet?

heroinchicmodel
11-11-2005, 05:48 AM
never mind I found it

CGTalk Moderation
11-11-2005, 05:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.