PDA

View Full Version : Converting vector shapes to paths!? Help!

gizmo1990
11-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Could someone please tell me how to convert a vector shape to a path?

I'm using version 7 coming from 4 and I just want to create simple paths but whenever I do I end up creating these stupid vector things that I can't apply stroke path to!

Please help.

halo
11-07-2005, 10:43 AM
change the tool options from shape to path on the options bar.

gizmo1990
11-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Thank you so much for that! :)

Could you also tell me how I would convert a vector shape I've already created into a path?

halo
11-07-2005, 11:26 PM
select the shape path entirely, copy it, paste it into a path made in the paths palette (i think, from memory)...or try dragging it onto the new path icon on the path palette.

If that doesnt work, then post and i'll try and remember the correct method when i'm in front of the machine.

jbw
11-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Could you also tell me how I would convert a vector shape I've already created into a path?
Make sure the shape layer is the active layer then switch to the paths palette. You will see a path there, but it will be in an italic font (called something like Shape 1 copy Vector Mask). Drag that path to the new path button at the bottom of the path palette and it will duplicate it for you making it a seperate path. I hope that makes sense?

ta,
jbw

CGTalk Moderation
11-08-2005, 11:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.