PDA

View Full Version : Landing ship

_Icarus
02-26-2002, 03:30 PM
I am starting in 3D and would consider myself an amatuer. So to train my self up I started this project of a drop ship basicly flying from the large ship to the planet with all the sequinces and special effects. Kinda taken from Aliens. This is the model of the ship under default lighting. What do you all think? Give me some tips on improvment :) Thanx in advance!

_Icarus
02-26-2002, 03:34 PM
oops

leigh
02-26-2002, 03:50 PM
hey there Icarus. Well done on your excellent choice of spending your time - 3D rules! Hmm... your ship...
It's a nice model so far - just a bit plain. I know you modelled it on the Aliens drop ship, but surely you could add more pipes, casing flaps, etc.
Secondly - SPECULARITY!!!!! Your texture is starting off nicely - but you have no specular image!!! Specularity is the most important aspect of texturing along with the colour map. I am always so saddened when people neglect it... But it looks like you're only starting the basic texturing now so I'm sure you were getting round to it soon, hey ;)
But all in all, like I already said - a very cool start!! I would personally have made this ship a lot darker in colour, but that's really a personal choice.
Also, decide what kind of environment you want, and start setting up the lighting. That will give you a better idea of which direction to go with the texturing.
Cool work - keep us updated!!! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.